Chapter one

Hermione

    A ministry owned owl flies through my bedroom window and drops a letter, leaving within the second. I pluck it from my pillow and sit on the edge of my bed, tearing open the dark purple ministry seal and unfold the card stock:

Miss Hermione Granger,
On the anniversary of the second wizarding war we'd like to have an annual ball on May 2nd, 2000. It is a formal event so dress accordingly. The ball is at 8pm sharp at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the Great Hall.
This is not a usual annual ball however, we will be passing a new law considering the newest issue that has risen from the war. Our population is getting closer to extinction than we'd like so our Minister Kingsley Shacklebolt has issued a marriage law to ensure that our population does not die out. This will be effective immediately. Every witch and wizard between the ages of 17-30 years of age are subject to this law and can have up to three partners of the opposite or same sex.
Refusal to obey to this law are going to be instantly sent to Azkaban, their wands will be snapped, and a fine will be placed upon their name.
More details are to be shared at the ball. Thank you for your time and please be punctual.
Sincerely,
Diane Ports, undersecretary to Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"They're kidding." I mutter under my breath in shock. "What the bloody hell did I just read?" I say louder. "No..no unacceptable."

      I rip my closet open and begin getting ready. I have to floo to the Weasley's. They should have gotten one too. I slip jeans and a black jumper on and then grab my shoes, slipping them on. I storm to my floo and call out the Weasley's address angrily. I disappear in bright green flames instantly. Once my feet hit the stone of the Weasley's living room fireplace I hear instant commotion. Molly and Arthur are trying to calm down their children who are just as upset as I am. I'm almost to the entryway of the kitchen when the floo ignites once more to show two redheaded men. Fred and George.

"Get a letter too Granger?" Fred asks as he steps out of the fireplace.

"Of course I did." I reply, showing them my crumpled letter. "Unbelievable."

"Everyone settle down." Molly says loudly from the kitchen.

"Sounds like everyone else got a letter." George nudges his brother.

"How can you guys be so lighthearted about this?" I ask incredulously. "This isn't a matter to be joking about."

"We don't really have much stress over anything love." Fred says.

"We handle just about everything as carefree as possible." George comments.

"Unless there are other matters to be dealt." Fred shrugs.

I roll my eyes. "Like?" I ask, tilting my head, taking the bait they'd set out.

"Sexually." Was the only answer I got.

"I didn't need to know that." I roll my eyes.

"You asked darling." Fred shoots back.

     My eyes widen and my cheeks heat up. I immediately turn around and continue to walk to the kitchen, my mind glued to what they'd said. Molly is leaning against the counter by the sink as everyone else is sitting at the dining room table, Harry included. I guess he wasn't the only person who thought to floo to the Burrow right away. Arthur is sitting at the head with his hands folded in front of him on the table. Everyone's eyes lift to seek the eyes of the person who'd just walked into the kitchen. Fred and George stumble in behind me and the kitchen goes completely silent.