Levi x Reader: Choice

SPOILERS: DON'T READ UNLESS YOU ARE UP TO DATE WITH THE MANGA

Y/n POV

Eren had turned against us and formed a group out of some of the soldiers and they called themselves 'Yeagerists'. Their goal was to reunite Eren with Zeke so while Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Connie, some other scouts, the Garrison, and MPs were locked up they were escorting Hanji and me to the location that Levi took Zeke. Technically they don't need me because as long as they had Hanji they'd know where to find Zeke. However, because I was Levi's girlfriend and he wouldn't give Zeke up without a fight I was their leverage. My life for Zekes. As we were getting closer to their location I was hoping Levi wouldn't be stupid enough to give Zeke up for me but I knew he would. Anything to protect me even though they'll probably kill me either way.

We were minutes away from our destination when we heard an explosion. We all looked to where it had come from and began heading that way. Deep down I knew something wasn't right but I ignored the feeling and continued to look forward. We got closer and out of the corner of my eye by the river I saw something that made my stomach drop. Levi was lying there completely still covered in cuts and shrapnel. Now the explosion made sense. I shrugged off the two soldiers that had been holding my arms and began running to him. "Levi!" I shouted and heard Hanji quickly following behind me.

Once I reached him I dropped next to him and began to sob. "No please no" I kept saying looking for any sign of life. Hanji grabbed his wrist searching for a pulse and I took his hand which was slightly warm. I looked at Hanji and she gave me a small smile.

"He's alive. Follow my lead" She whispered to me before dropping his wrist and grabbing his shoulders. "He's dead" She said loudly keeping her head down darting her eyes at the river and I got the hint.

"I can take his pulse too, let me check" Floch said walking towards us. Just as he got to us one of the others shouted to him and we all looked at the wreckage from the explosion. There was a titan and steam coming off it. What the hell is going on? Hanji looked at me just as confused and then Zeke walked out of the steam.

"Now" Hanji suddenly said and we both grabbed Levi and dived into the river staying underwater and heading as far away as possible. There were bullets being shot into the water but we carried on going knowing although Levi was alive if we didn't hurry he wouldn't be for long. After about a minute we went above the water and looked back briefly to see the soldiers looking for us. "We have to keep going" Hanji said continuing to pull Levi forward.

*Small time skip*

We hadn't been swimming for long before we reached the side of the river close to a small forest and valley of flowers. We weren't too far from a small safe house we built out here while we were killing the last of the titans. That's the good news. I leaned down to Levi and checked his pulse again, it's slow but still there. "There's a safe house just through those trees if we can get him there we can treat his wounds" I said looking at Hanji and we picked Levi up heading to the trees. It was a 5-minute walk but carrying Levi it took us a bit longer.

We got to the door and Hanji opened it while I slowly continued to carry Levi in. There was a small front area, a tiny kitchen area that was just a small table and cabinets, a small bathroom and a tiny bedroom that we used mainly for the injured. No one had ever stayed here long it was mainly used for long journeys out the walls. We got Levi to the bedroom and onto the single bed. "In the bathroom cabinet there is a first aid kit and in the kitchen there are some bottles of alcohol grab both of them" I told her and she looked slightly confused. "He has a lot of wounds and there isn't enough sterilizer in the first aid kit but the garrison left some alcohol in the cabinets when they were last here" I continued and she nodded before shooting off. Thank god for their alcoholism and for me being a trained medic.