Chapter 1

I woke up earlier than usual because I was getting ready for my first day in a new school. I was nervous but at the same time I was pretty excited to start fresh. I came from Minnesota and decided to come to LA and just have a new experience. Not sure if it's really different but I'll find out.

I got out of bed and headed for the shower. I turned on the hot water and washed my hair and body before turning the water off. I grabbed my towel and dried myself. I wrapped myself with it and I let my hair air dry while I went to pick out my outfit. I chose to wear a maroon simple cropped top with black leggings and white converse. It wasn't so cold so I didn't wear a sweater. When I got dressed I plugged in my hair dryer and started drying my hair. When I was finished I just combed it and it was naturally straight/wavy and didn't get frizzy so my hair wasn't a big problem for me.

I grabbed my black bag and hung it over my shoulder. I headed downstairs and skipped breakfast.

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" My mother asked.

"Nah I'm not hungry, I have money so I'll buy a snack on my way to school."

"Alright then have a good day love you!" She said.

"Love you too mom!" I got out and started walking to school. It was like 5 minutes away from me so I wouldn't walk so much.

I finally got there and saw people scattering around everywhere.

"Oh boy this isn't different than my old school." I said to myself while looking at my schedule.

First period was piano class. It was on the third floor so I made my way to the class. I was outside and took a deep breath.

"You can do this Kelsey take a deep breath." I told myself and let out a sigh before entering the class.

Everyone stopped talking and looked at me like I was a creature or something.

"Ahh you must be the new student." The teacher said looking at my schedule.

"It's Kelsey right?" He asked. He looked really really old.

"That's right." I said smiling and running my hand through my hair.

"Welcome to this class, you can have a seat next to Nikki, Nikki can you please stand up so she knows who you are." The teacher said.

A girl with blond short hair stood up and waved her hand. "That's me." She said.

I nodded and walked over to her. She was in the middle of the room and people still stared at me.

"Geez can they stop staring at me." I told Nikki.

She laughed. "They're like that. Weird"

"Nice meeting you Nikki." I smiled.

"Nice meeting you too Kelsey." She smiled back.

This class didn't have pianos which I'm surprised since its a piano class. My thoughts were interrupted by someone talking.

"Hey you! What's your name?" A boy asked. I looked over to him and he was next to me. He had nice brown hair that went up and I couldn't see his eye color because he had sunglasses on. He wasn't bad looking I admit.

"Kelsey." I said.

"Hot." He said with a smirk and turned away to laugh with some other guys.

"Um who is he?" I asked Nikki.

"That's Cameron. Do not I repeat do not fall for him."

"What? Why?"

"He's a bad influence. He hooks up with every girl in the school. He basically just dates them for sex, once he gets it, he dumps her just like that."