Chapter 8

The next day, too, everything was like always. Chan happily talked about nothing and everything, while Jason laughed about all his jokes. Seungjun got stared at by all the girls around him and Sehyoon followed the trio silently. Although the date seemed to have gone well neither of the both did anything particular couple like, even though Sehyoon could swear, their touches were unreasonable long.

After school they all left the building together and Chan was already talking about what the three of them could cook for late lunch, when Jason suddenly spoke up,

"I'm sorry guys but I can't hang out with you today." The other two looked at him in disappointment.

"What? Why?" Chan instantly wanted to know.

"My mother thinks that we are not spending enough time together, that's why she planned a family dinner and I have to help her in the kitchen." Sehyoon looked at him bewildered. It was the first time that he heard something about a family dinner this evening.

"Oh, too bad...at least you'll get good food though." Chan said and Seungjun nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow." Jason waved his goodbyes and walked into the direction of his home, followed by Sehyoon. When they arrived, the older searched for Jason's mother but couldn't see her anywhere. Meanwhile the other was already on his way upstairs to his room.

"Are you coming?" He looked at Sehyoon questioningly. The latter frowned and returned the stare in confusion.

"Aren't you supposed to help your mother?" He asked whereupon Jason started grinning at him in amusement.

"Oh Sehyoon...there is no family dinner. You know, my parents are working late today. That was just an excuse."

"For what? Don't you want to spend time with your friends?" He was totally lost by now.

"Of course, I want to. But if I'm spending time with them, I can't spend time with you. And you are also my friend. No, you are my bff! Best friend forever." He started to laugh but when he saw that Sehyoon didn't join in, he immediately stopped again and sighed.

"Lately something between us is different. At first, I told myself I'm overreacting but...I don't know. You seem kind of distant and sad these past couple days and I thought maybe it's because I'm spending not as much time with you as before...as I should...," he paused, "But I'm sorry and I want to make it right again. From now on I'm going to spend more time with you again, promise!"

Seyhoon looked at him fondly. How could he have ever thought that he would not fall for this beautiful boy?

"Do you accept my apology?" Jason wanted to know anxiously.

"Of course." He responded and returned the bright smile which appeared on the younger's face.

"Thank God! And now, come on! I practiced, so I'm gonna kick your ass now!" Sehyoon let out an amused snort.

"Sure...I have like over ten years more practice than you, don't forget that!" He responded and followed him into their room.

While spending the afternoon and evening alone with Jason, everything finally felt like it used to again. They played video games for hours, before their hunger forced them to stop and go down into the kitchen to cook something. In the past Sehyoon had done that mostly by himself, while the younger had watched him with big, round eyes, but now he was old enough to help him and they had a lot of fun. After eating and cleaning everything up again, Jason settled on the couch.

"Let's watch a movie." He said and Sehyoon sat down next to him.

They decided on an action movie, about which Jason had heard good things, but turned out to be really cheesy.

"God...I live for the action scenes...," Jason commented, not even 30 minutes into the movie, when the main characters started to make out once again and Sehyoon grumbled in agreement.