19

Like, Comment and Share 🌸

Dingbat 19:

^^^

"Let's go Zephyr! We aint got all day

"Let's go Zephyr! We aint got all day. We need to get out and get back in real quick."

I quickly put my dairy under my pillow. Getting up I woke Xander out of his nap and picked him up. Pulling the sheet back to close our little area I walked over to where Klaytus was.

"I'm ready to go."

I said smiling up at him. He shook his head smiling down at me before shyly putting his head out the window to see if anyway was coming. Turning around he took Xander from me.

"Put his mask over his face and your too."

I quickly did want he told me too.

"Alright come on beautiful."

I smiled following right behind him.

"Here take this for protection. If you need to shoot just do it no matter what!"

I nodded as he shoved the gun into my hands.

"Do you have one?"

I asked trying to peek to see if he had one.

"Don't worry about me."

I nodded letting it go as we continued to walk. It was quiet for a few minutes and I got bored so I started asking him questions.

"What's your favorite color?"

He side eyes me sighing.

"Yellow."

"Favorite food?"

"Pizza."

"Favorite animal?"

"Lion."

He nodded looking over to the left.

"Turn right."

He whispered pushing me over to this ran down building. We continued to walk a few feet before stopping.

"Why di-"

"Shhhh."

He hushed me covering my mouth with his hand while pulling me behind him, behind a wall. He passed me Xander. I quickly hushed Xander as he started to whine. At first I was confused as to what was going on but then I heard two people talking.

"Do you think we're gonna catch some of those niggers tonight?"

I frowned at the word choice he picked but seeing as what was going on and the fact that he was entertaining this type of shit I couldn't even be to shook.

"I don't know we just gotta keep looking, Hey maybe we can actually go into theirs house and snatch people up."

"We could get in trouble for that."

"That's if we're caught."

"They added cameras everywhere."

The short guy shrugged his shoulders.

"Well.."

The second man didn't say anything as they continued on with their walk. Klaytus slowly removes his hand from my mouth and stepping out from behind the wall. I quickly got up pushing Xan's head into my shoulder before following Klaytus making sure I was close behind him.

"Klaytus..."

"Yea?"

He whispered moving slowly out of the corner.

"I'm scared."

He turned around frowning.

"You will be ok, I promise."

I nodded, believing in him. Why? I honestly don't know but I did.

"Let's continue moving so we can get back home, ok?"

I nodded as he held out his hand for me to grab, which I happily did. We continued to walk without any problems to the store.

^^^
431 words...

Dingbat 19 answer: Wide Awake

Y'all please share this book...
Please and thank youuuuuu *in my Bernie Mac voice*

Chapter made: July 27,2019
Chapter published: August 4,2019
Edited published date: December 22,2019
Revised published date: June 13,2021