1

Leo
A few months later

Tears blurred my vision when I spotted him. First I was relieved I found him but then I saw how he was, lying on the ground, motionless.

Oh, no, no, no, no.
I ran to him as quickly as I could. Fear creeped down my neck and a scream threaten to come out of me. I shook my head, hoping it'll shake my scare away. I had to be strong right now.

I dropped down next to him on my knees, this wasn't like him to lay there helpless, this was not the boy I knew but I knew he did not go down without a fight.

Why did he have to follow me?

Why couldn't he had just stayed put and out of trouble?

Where was his stupidly wild smirk?
His loving hands as they touched my body?

I missed them so much.

Oh, god, please be alive. My lips trembled but my hands determined to touch his face. There was still so much I wanted to tell him. This was my fault.

"Please wake up!" I touched his cheek and demanded him to do something. Anything.

Something was behind me. No. Rather a someone was behind me and I knew who did this to him, the one that did this to my love.

Madness took over me for how I felt about this boy and what this person did to him.

I turned around to face the devil.

-:-

Leo
A few months earlier

I turned around to face my mother and told her everything about how I feel with just the one look on my face.

My mom who was a little shorter than me but just as beautiful frowned at my reaction then shrugged as if she knew this was going to happen.
She gave me a little hmm and rushed around the kitchen gracefully to where I was sitting at the bar.

She held on to my shoulders and looked me straight in the eyes, the chairs I was sitting on made me shorter than her and it helped her look even more intimidating.

"baby, I know you haven't seen them since forever but I really need this. Me and Jerry need this.
You know how I am! I'm a single mother who raised you all by myself for seventeen whole years. It will only be a couple of days, okay?"

My lovely mother was a young mom when she had me, dad decided he didn't want to have a kid and of course ran.
I know she felt like she sacrificed her life to raise me, she loss her teen years, her college years and was forced to work hard to raise me. That taught me many things about my mother, she didn't think that way thought, she told me she didn't sacrifice her life but rather just delayed it so she could have a beautiful daughter and now that she was older she was back in the dating game.

So, here were, my mom and her young boyfriend. Mom was trying to convince to me stay with the Knights family while her and her boyfriend vacate to their honeymoon, which isn't technically a honeymoon sense they're not newly married, or married at all in fact.

"She's right," Jerry sided with my mom.

Of course he did!
This was his free vacation. Mom was going to pay for them both to go on this expensive cruise ship and all Jerry had to do was sit, relax and be the perfect arm candy he is.
I mean this guy is crazy to think he can have a voice in this argument when he's only ten years older than me.
He's nothing close to a father figure to me even though mom has been dating him for two years.

I slumped and looked at the ceiling. Why me? Oh, wait!

"Why can't I just stay home? Alone I mean. I'm old enough," I smiled at her sweetly.
Apparently not sweet enough.

Mom tapped on the top of my head like a little kid,
"honey, the last time you stayed home alone, you snuck out to your friends house around four in the morning all by yourself. I rather come back to you without you being kidnapped."

My mom finally left me, walked right back to the kitchen area where Jerry was leaning against the counter drinking a beer, smiling knowingly at each other, she won.

Okay. Mom got me there and that incident only just happened recently, too.

Living with the knights it is.
Crap.