Chapter One

Let me just say this right now; I personally don't really like third person POV's and I suck at them but I want to learn how to write in different ways so the majority of this story will be in 3rd person POV.

Soo, enjoy my second mystery genre story. :)

_________________________________________________________

“Good morning,” Valeria greeted her co-worker Karol. “Good morning Valeria, how has your project been coming along?” Karol questioned with a smile, “Oh, it’s coming along great.” She replied clutching her folders to her chest. Valeria works for a high fashioned magazine as an editor. She works extra hard to make sure the magazine is perfect along with the other editors of the magazine. Valeria greeted her secretary with a warm smile and walked into her office oblivious to the figure in the shadows watching her.

She sat down behind her desk and wrapped her long dark hair into a loose bun on top of her head and stuck a pencil in it to hold it up. She looked through the folders that contained model photos of different celebrity females. She had to find which one would be best for the cover of the next issue of the magazine. She chewed on the mints that were in a bowl on her desk as she looked through the many photos.

She couldn’t think straight at the moment so she stood up from her desk and walked out of her office. “Leslie, I’m heading out; can you hold all of my calls?” Valeria said to her secretary, “Okay, but you have a meeting at three o’clock.” Leslie replied. Valeria nodded and walked out of the building. She continued to walk across the street to the coffee cart that was always at the park. Valeria really needed to relax a little, as she had a bit too much on her plate at the moment.

She had to find a picture for the cover of the magazine, find models for different articles, and find interesting stories. Valeria just couldn’t seem to find any professional models that interested her for the articles. She looked around the park as she sat on the bench and spotted a teenage girl sitting all alone on the bench. A bulb clicked in her head as she stood up and walked over to the girl. “Excuse me,” She said politely the girl looked up at her and Valeria was stunned at how beautiful she was.

She was hiding it away under her light brown tresses, and loose clothes. “Yes?” She girl shyly answered. “Have you ever thought about modeling?” She asked the girl. “U-um, n-no; not really… I-I’m not pretty enough for modeling…” The girl murmured. “Non-sense; my name is Valeria Williams I’m an editor of Beauti Magazine. I’m supposed to find some models for the magazine. Would you be interested?” Valeria asked; the girl’s eyes widened showing beautiful big blue eyes. “U-um, I don’t know.” The girl stuttered, “If I didn’t think you weren’t model material; I wouldn’t be here asking you this question.” Valeria said to the girl. The girl looked down at her feet then back up.

“Okay… I’ll do it,” She said standing up. “Great! By the way would you happen to have contacts?” Valeria asked as she walked the girl back to Beauti HQ. “I do carry some with me. I don’t usually wear them though. By the way, I’m Hailey Peterson.” The girl replied. “Perfect, don’t worry; I’ll be paying you a very generous amount of money for this job.” Valeria promised Hailey. Hailey smiled showing perfect white teeth. “You should smile more often; it would knock guys dead.” Valeria told Hailey as they entered the building.

“So, Hailey; I’m just going to take you to one of our many photo shoot rooms just to see how the camera works for you.” Valeria said. “Oh and there’s a mirror over there for you to put your contacts in.” Valeria said shooting her a smile and pointed to the mirror in the photo shoot room they were in. Hailey nodded and walked over to the mirror and took her glass off pulling a contacts case out of her bag. She finally put them in and blinked rapidly to try and get used to them. Hailey walked back over to Valeria and stood awkwardly waiting to know what to do. “Okay, so you can just sit on the stool over there in front of the white sheet and model.” She directed and Hailey went and sat on the stool “What exactly do I do?” Hailey asked. “Hmm, that’s a good question. Well; for now, just smile, laugh, something that shows your pretty smile. And flip your hair a little.” Valeria answered taking her own dark hair out of the bun in was in and demonstrating.