Chapter 2

After I told Claire and Elle the news they were shocked. We just all sat there in stunned silence before Elle finally said, "Go with the yellow swimsuit. It will be a great way for people to remember you throughout the summer."

I nodded and smiled sadly. I was going to miss out on so many exciting moments this summer with my friends, but I had no choice. I was going to Gravity Falls no matter what. I left Claire and Elle in my bedroom and went to the bathroom to change into my swimsuit. Once I came back out I decided to lighten the mood by doing a little runway show. I told my Google Home speaker to play Applause by Lady Gaga and started to strut around my room like a model hitting a couple of poses. Once it hit the chorus I  started to dance, and Claire and Elle joined me. Once the song was over we just all laughed and smiled at each other, forgetting that this would be one of the last moments that we would spend together before school started again. 

The party was supposed to start in about an hour so I styled my hair in a high bun. Grabbed my rose gold sunglasses, slipped on my white sandals and went to find my Mom.

I found my Mom in the kitchen and told her that I was leaving. I then got a text from my friend Riley who was picking me up, since she can drive because she's a senior. She said that she was here, so I was about to go out to meet her when my mom tapped my shoulder.

"Forgetting this?" She asked holding up a white t-shirt and tie-dye towel.

"Thanks," I said chuckling.

I then walked out the door and got into Riley's jeep. On the ride to the pool party, I told Riley the news about me going to spend the summer in Gravity Falls. She nodded sympathetically and told me she'd miss me. Then to lighten the mood she put on her summer playlist, and we sang along to all the songs.

Soon we were at Luke's house for the pool party. A lot of people including Riley have shipped Luke and me as a couple, but as far as I knew we were just friends. I took the sunglasses in my hand and put them on, then Riley did the same. we walked up to his house and knocked on the door. He answered a second later and motioned for us to come in. He then led us to the backyard where I saw Claire, Elle and more of my friends in the pool already. 

"I'll jump in a little later, but for now enjoy the party!" Luke said a big smile on his face.

I took off my t-shirt, put on some sunscreen Riley brought and made my way towards the pool. I got in Riley following after me. Some of the seniors invited Riley and me to play beachball with them. I looked over to Elle and Claire who were sitting in a big Pineapple floatie, and they gave me a thumbs up. It wasn't very often that the seniors invited people to do things with them, and the seniors being nice to you was one of the perks that came with being good friends with Riley. Me and Riley's team ended up winning and we all celebrated with a big group hug. After the game, I swam over to Claire and Elle who now had lemonade. Claire nudged me as Luke came outside.

"Ooooooh," She said

"So when are you gonna make a move, huh Isabella?" Elle added while raising one eyebrow and moving her sunglasses to the tip of her nose.

I Playfully stuck my tongue out at them, but couldn't help blushing as Luke took off his shirt. I quickly looked away from him, so it wouldn't look like I was staring.

"Cannonball" Luke yelled as he ran and jumped into the pool splashing everyone. I laughed as Claire and Elle screamed and covered their faces. Luke then swam over to us with one of his friends: Zach. I knew Claire had a crush on Zach so I nudged her like she did me and said "Ooooooh". She splashed me playfully.

Once Luke had reached us he asked if we wanted to have a chicken fight. Of course, we all agreed. Luke offered me to get on his shoulders and Claire got on Zach's. After one final push, Claire fell off Zach's shoulders. Luke then threw himself into the water pulling me down with him. I fell off his shoulders once we went underwater. We came up both laughing and he high fived me since we won the game.

Soon the pool party was over and everyone was leaving, and I saw Elle whisper something in Luke's ear and his eyes went wide. Riley then asked me if I was ready for her to drop me back off at my house. I replied yes, but was curious about what Elle told Luke. As we were leaving Luke ran up to me.

"Isabella wait," He said grabbing my wrist and pulling me to face him.

I turned around to face him wondering what he was going to say. He then took my hand and said, "Hey, don't forget about me this summer! I'll be waiting for you when you get back".

I blushed and smiled at him "Don't worry Luke I wouldn't be able to forget you if I tried".

At this, he laughed and pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back, and after walked out and got in Riley's car. We talked about what just happened with Luke, and I'm pretty sure I was blushing the whole time!

Once I got home I changed out of my swimsuit, washed my hair, and after started to pack for tomorrow. I got done by around 8 and decided to do some research about Gravity Falls. The first thing that popped up was the Mystery Shack. What was that? I then saw that it was owned by someone named Stan Pines. Wasn't that who I was supposed to be staying with? This was just getting weirder and weirder. It seemed like Gravity Falls was the number 1 place for paranormal activity. Creepy! I decided to stop researching and go to bed for the night. I had the weirdest dream about a shooting star going over a pine tree.

A/N

I hope that you guys enjoyed chapter 2! In the next part, Isabella finally meets Dipper and Mabel. Isabella said that she wouldn't forget about Luke, but what will she do when she finds out that someone else has feelings for her? If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and follow me : ) As always I hope that you had a great day.