My name is Melody and I'm afraid of Life.

A/N: This a new idea I had. This story is made up as it goes a long but I have some ideas of twists that are going to happen in this book. I also have a plot but I'm not sure fully how it will fit in.  It's completely unedited so may have a lot of mistakes which I will sort out at a later date. Anyways, I love to read all your comments so please comment!- give me any advice if there's something you think I need to change.

As she took a deep breath and walked down the hallways, she was more afraid than ever. Afraid of what would come next; afraid of life. Melody used to take life as it came. She was popular, pretty and to be honest; a complete slut. But what changed? That, nobody knows.

~***~

It was my first day back at school since the incident. Even though it had been two years, I still hadn't built up the courage and determination to go back to human life. I really was nervous since it was a new school; something I'd better start getting used to. I had, already, been here two weeks and hadn't left the house until today.

I just couldn’t leave because leaving meant interacting with humans earlier than I want to.

All I want is a way out; a way out of being this person. I just want to be myself again. I used to be happy and popular. 'The girl everyone wanted to be.' I had boys falling at my feet and girls trying their very best to impress me. I loved being the player of the school. I never wanted to have a long term relationship.

I wanted to live life free and then settle down when I was thirty, giving me time to find love. I don’t like being tied down. I like being independent.

Then things changed; I met Brandon, charming, sweet and a vampire.

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I'd never met him. Well, I don't wonder, I wish. I would still be that popular fifteen year old girl with the glossy blonde hair and gleaming big blue eyes. With the perfect body all the girls wanted and with the perfect ‘boyfriend’. To be honest I had it all. I wasn't afraid of what would come next; I just lived life, day by day, never stopping to smell the roses, never thinking about my future and how it would all change. For better or for worse?

Today I should be celebrating my eighteenth birthday but, instead, I'm celebrating my fifteenth. Again. This will be the third year in a row. I am never going to age up. I am never going to have children, a husband, and.... a life. I am going to be stuck in year eleven forever. I am going to have to think about the future and how I am to live this life. I’m not going to take it day by day, I’m going to take it year by year. The worst thing of all, I am going to have to my GCSE's over and over again.

I thought I'd never say this, but I really do miss my parents. I never argued with them and, even though I was always getting in trouble at school, when I was at home I was a completely different person. I was kind, sweet, gentle and caring. The only thing I actually cared about was my parents and my baby sister. It should be her third birthday in a few weeks. I should be there, watching her grow up. Helping her be fashionable. Helping her with boy trouble and making friends; helping her with life. But instead I’m stuck here.

If I had one chance to turn back the clock; one chance to become human again. I would take it, no matter what takes, no matter who's feelings I have to hurt. All I want is one more minute with my family.

I should never have let him give me a love bite. Ever. If only it was a love bite though... If only.

That's how I ended up here; standing outside room seven, more afraid than ever; more afraid of anything. More afraid of my future and it would hold.

~***~

My name is Melody Anne-Marie and I'm afraid of life. This is my story, this is my life. This, is how it all changes but is it for better or for worse?