Jayden

Melody is a girl who has something to take but nothing to give. Melody, is still afraid of life. She won’t stop at anything to try and get things to be normal again. Melody, has something to gain but nothing to lose. Melody is the girl who will have it all, except, of course, her life.

~***~

"Omg! I love your wardrobe!" Paige squealed. "I think you should wear this though." She threw one of my favourite dress's at me; The top half was covered in white flowery lace and the bottom half a light brown silky brown skirt with a piece of matching brown string tied around it. She there also threw a pair of black ankle boots with laces. I used my super-natural skills to doge the heels. The perks of being a vampire.

"Wow! Your fast!" Chelsea laughed. " And I'm totes loving the shoes and that dress is so gorsome..."

"Gorsome? Seriously Chelsea?" Paige asked with a concerned look in her eyes.

"Yeah it's a cross between awesome and gorgeous!" Chelsea screamed. "Because her clothes are totes adorable and..."

"Yeah, she has amazing clothes and she's fast but let’s go!" Indigo said, clearly irritated. "We have a party to go to.

~***~

Why did I even agree to come? I sighed as we stood outside, a boy called, Scott's house.

Scott’s house was large and well-appointed. His parents must be rich because I was standing in front of one of the biggest mansions in California. A long driveway, about half a mile walk away, lined with pine trees and glass garden stakes lead to the main door. The garden stakes were made of red crackle glass. Tall, stone towers loomed in the distance, past a courtyard filled with fountains. The walls were painted white and the gate was painted gold.

The sprinklers were turned on, to water the freshly cut grass, and a girl in a short black dress pushed her friend into them. They were giggling like crazy and were obviously already drunk. The girl in the short black dress ended up dripping wet as well, as her got her friend back.

I could music booming out from the mansion, slashing and screaming from people being pushed in the pool and gossiping from the drunken fiends.

I glanced at Paige, Indigo and Chelsea....they were all still wearing the same old skimpy outfits.

~***~

I grabbed a can of cider and made my way outside so I could watch everyone being pushed into the pool. I took a seat on the lounger and stared up at the clear sky.

Everything used to be so good; everything used to be so perfect. I heard a high-pitched yelp and shot my head in the direction of the swimming pool. Indigo went flying in the air and landed elegantly in the pool. Everyone erupted into laughter. Everyone was having fun, everyone but me.

Maybe I should head home?

"Belle!" Jayden shouted. Who's Belle and why's he looking at me? Oh crap. That’s my cover name.

"Hey Jayden!" I walked over to him and placed my can on the floor. "What do you-"

Before I knew it I was falling. People erupting into laughter but I couldn't hear them,; the world had gone silent. All I could see was faces slowly whizzing past as I was falling to my doom.

The feeling of weightlessness soon ended as I, un-elegantly, hit the surface of the water. I tried to let out a scream but instead I just choked on the heated water. I slowly sank to the bottom and I must have hit my leg on the way down because I couldn't move it.

I could feel desperation to get out, being taken over by the desperation to move my leg. I gasp in the intent of my brain thinking I would get air but instead I swallowed another mouthful of water; one after another. Slowly I start to shake into oblivion. Suddenly it stopped and I kept my eyes tightly shut. I was drifting off into a deep sleep…