Playee or Player?

Melody is a girl with everything to take but nothing to gain. Melody is afraid of life but she doesn’t feel afraid around Jayden; she feels like herself. Melody is a girl who will rule the world....No. She's just a normal girl? But she's not really. Melody is a vampire.

~***~

I could hear voices in the background but I couldn’t understand what was being said. I slowly opened my eyes to blurred images of faces peering down at me and moving away then the darkness comes for me again. Consciousness fades in and out. I couldn’t tell if I was dreaming or not.

I re-awoke to feeling my body being moved around on a bed and the blurred images and strained voices coming back. I lay there for a long time, sometimes groaning with every exhalation just to hear something.

Gradually things became clearer and I could just about make out a boy sat by my side. I lifted my head up and groaned.

“Shhhhh.” I heard a strong masculine voice whisper. “Keep still, everything’s going to be okay.”

I tried to lift my head up again “Ugh...” I moaned

“Keep still babe.” He started stroking my hair. “Just go back to sleep and I’ll get the doctor in a minute.” I felt a soft pair of lips touch mine briefly.  Before I time to react, they were gone.

"Wait..." I whispered.

My head was pounding and I was struggling to move my neck, but I managed to lift my arm up and pull him into a kiss. I placed my lips cautiously on to his but something didn’t feel right... They didn't feel like Jayden's lips. I pushed him off me, struggling to make out who it was.

A sudden realisation hit me. "Brandon!" I shrieked.

"You like me a lot more than you let on." He chuckled.

"This is not funny." I snapped, stating the obvious.

"Yeah it is.” He chuckled, again. After a minute of me glaring and him laughing, he snapped back into reality. “Anyway, we need to go before they realise that you’re Melody and that... that you’re dead."

"Right, yes." I smiled at him, clapping my hands together. Everything I had felt before, the throbbing headache, the blood pounding in my ears, the nausea and weakness in my limbs had suddenly vanished.

Just as I was about to get up the door opened and Jayden walked through.  

Crap. What was I suppost to do now?  Should I run?

No. I couldn’t run; I wasn’t fast enough.

I know all vampires are suppost to be able to travel at the speed of light but I’m technically a fleshling until I drink human blood.  Let’s get one thing straight; I will never drink human blood. EVER.

So as Brandon used vanished in a poof a smoke, I was left there.

He could of at least taken me with him.  Right?

I let out a deep sigh and stared at Jayden sympathetically. There was going to be no easy way of explaining this and no even easier way of lying about this.

I traced the bow of his lips and then the curves. Remembering how good it felt to kiss them. Remembering how good it felt to be wanted, to be in control of the relationship.  I let out another deep sigh and my eyes lowered to his neck.

So soft; so tender. Hi blood would taste sweet.

He opened his mouth but now words came out. I jumped off my bed and landed in front of him. Maybe I did have vampire skills after all?