Thirteen

I was struggling to breathe. My ears were ringing and I grew dizzy. Someone came up behind me and sat me on the couch. The two blurry figures were talking, but I could not make out the words. Hot tears slowly rolled downed my cheeks.  There was a tight squeeze on my arm. I looked in that direction and tried to focus on the blurry figure. 

"Izuke," Shoto said softly. My vision focused on the concerned looking Shoto. He stared down at me worried. I turn my head searching for Aizawa. He stood off in the corner with his arms crossed. A look of pity and regret was faintly present in his stone face. 

"Are you okay?" Aizawa asked. Shoto shot a glare up at him. 

"Are you blind? He is obviously not okay." Shoto shot at him. 

"He looks like he is coming back to us now," Aizawa responded emotionlessly. 

I leaned into Shoto, laying myself on his left thigh. Warmth engulfed me and I grew sleepy. Shoto looked down at me and smiled weakly. He placed his left hand on my cheek and swept it up through my hair. He looked coldly back up Aizawa. 

"Izuke needs to rest before you through this mission at him."

"That doesn't concern you."

"It does, Izuke is important to me and I will not let anything happen to him"

"You can't be part of this mission, Osiris could resurrect Endeavor." 

There was an awkward silence, the room felt as if it got colder. 

"I will do whatever it takes to protect Izuke" Shoto finally said.

"Then I'll contact your firm with more information."

"Why did you pick him for this battle," Shoto asked quietly.

"I already said, he is the only one who can take him down."

"There are other heroes, you could have picked one of the top five. He is retired and you already can see the mental and emotional state this is putting him in. This was so careless of you-"

Shoto took a moment to calm down and collect himself. 

"What if he has to kill him? What do you think is going to happen to him? His soul will be crushed and he will never be himself again." Shoto looked down at Deku, who was asleep soundly. 

"He can handle this." Aizawa blankly stated.

Shoto shook his head and looked back up at Aizawa. 

"He just had a break down from the news of his dark return. You think he can handle killing his only father figure?" 

Pain flashed across Aizawa's face. Both of the men looked down at the sleeping Deku.

"This, this could be the last time he sleeps soundly" Shoto whispered. 

Aizawa shifted and moved to the front door. 

"I'm going to leave, call me or shoot me a text when he wakes ups." Aizawa looked down at Shoto. Shoto glared up at him.

"I rather shoot you, don't expect to hear anything from me. Now get out."

Aizawa left, softly closing the door behind him. Shoto turned his attention back to Deku. Shoto softly wrapped a piece of the sleeping boy's hair around his finger, letting it linger and then pulling his finger out of the wrap. The hair bounced into a tight curl, standing out from the rest of his hair. Shoto sighed and stroked Deku's face.

"You always get yourself in the worst situations. Why can't you be selfish for once? That's all I want for you, to do something for yourself and not everyone else. You're so selfless, it's frustrating." Shoto leaned down and planted a kiss on Deku's forehead. Carefully, Shoto lifted Deku up and carried him upstairs to the bedroom. Shoto laid Deku down and went to stand up. Deku, barely awake, grabbed his hand. 

"Stay," he barely murmured. 

Shoto smiled and crawled into the bed beside Deku. Deku wiggled himself into the arms of Shoto and snuggled into his neck. Within seconds Deku was asleep.