Chapter 3 - Tick, Tick, BOOM!

The next day at school, Rou was getting settled into her new surroundings, she stayed out of trouble, kept her head down and did her work. Ollie was only in 2 of her lessons so she met up with him at breaks and lunch, then they'd walk home together and often spend a while at each others houses.

During Maths - her 4th lesson (she has 5 in total) - Rou was sitting on her own (she didn't mind it though, it meant that she could concentrate more, as there were less distractions) a screwed up piece of paper was thrown at her head, Rou jumped and looked around to see if anyone had thrown it. To her dismay, no one was looking, everyone had their heads down doing the work. Regardless, Rou unscrewed the piece of crumpled paper, it read; "are you and Ollie an item?" Rou instantly blushed with just the thought of her and Ollie being more than friends, she then looked up again to see Ollie's friend Spencer, staring at her, so obviously he wrote the note. Rou quickly scribbled back "I'm not sure" and launched the paper back at him and that was the end of it, no more note passing, no more contact between Rou and Spencer.

Later, that night Rou was in her bedroom, sticking up new posters, when her phone vibrated. Rou jumped off her bed and ran straight to her desk where her phone was, when she opened the text. It was from Ollie and it read; 'why are you telling people that we're going out?' Rou was really confused as she was sure that she didn't tell anyone that. 'erm, I didn't?' Rou replied, a few seconds later another text was received and the quick draw texting war begun. The text read;'yeah? well how come Spencer told me that you said we are going out!?' Rou's heart sunk when she realised what had happened, she panicked and replied with 'I didn't mean it like that! I swear! I just didn't want to start any rumours or anything! and they would of believed whatever they wanted anyway!' once the message sent, it was about 10 minutes until the next reply, the reply read; 'whatever Rou, I can't be bothered with you anymore. I thought you were different, but no you're just another selfish bitch!" as soon as it sunk in what she had read, a tear fell down Rou's cheek, she had lost the only friend she had at the moment, the one person she really didn't want to upset and she didn't even understand what she had done. Rou just switched her phone off and got into bed, she was done with today and wanted to sleep it off and start again tomorrow.