Chapter 1

"Do you have everything you need? Food? Water? Sleeping supplies?" A pink troll basically dove right in to her friend's bag to check.

"Poppy, we're going to be completely fine, stop being so paranoid." He teased her, him clearly being the paranoid one since he overpacked.

Poppy sighed squeezed Branch's hand. "I just really don't want you to go, this is going to be the biggest party of the summer because of Autumn coming soon, and it would be an amazing experience to have with you."

Branch squeezed her hand back. "We'll be back in three days at the most, and if not-"

"We'll send out a search party."

"That isn't what I was going to say, but sure." He shrugged, and gave her a big hug.

Biggie and Guy Diamond who were standing next to them the entire time joined in the hug.

"Poppy, can you give Mr. Dinkles to Creek on your way back to your pod?" Biggie held out his yellow glitterworm to the queen.

( A/N - Dinkles will not die this time. )

"Of course!" Poppy cradled him in her arms like a baby.

"And will you make sure Gary's batteries are changed tomorrow?" Branch grinned, and gestured to his bunker, where the remote control was.

Poppy chuckled, "Sure!"

Guy Diamond turned around to Harper, who was painting the village from the bunker's point of view. "Will you make sure my adoring fans know I'm safe?"

Harper rolled her eyes, and lied, having no interest in Guy and his adoring fans. "Yeah."

Biggie picked up Branch's bag and carried it on his back.

Guy hopped on to Biggie's shoulders, as if he were a four year old getting a piggy back ride from their dad. "Are we going now?"

"I guess." Branch took a step towards the boys, but Poppy put her pink arms around his green/blue waist and pulled him into a big hug.

"I'm going to miss you too." Branch gently hugged her back.

Poppy slowly let go and waved to Branch.

Harper snickered from behind Poppy.

"What's so funny?" Poppy spun around to face the colorful troll.

"Oh, nothing, just watching you and Branch together, it's entertaining." She secretly added Poppy and Branch in the background of her painting. In the picture they were holding hands and staring into each other's souls.

"We're entertaining?"

Harper nodded. "One of you need to ask the other out on a date." She smirked, and closed her easel up and walked away.

Poppy agreed mentally. They knew they both loved each other, but never officially started dating. 'I'll ask him out as soon as he comes back.'

Like in all cartoons, Poppy's shoulder devil and angel popped up on her and started debating.

"He'll be too exhausted when he comes back to go on a date." The angel Poppy said.

Regular Poppy nodded her head. "That's true."

The devil Poppy popped up. "That doesn't matter. A date would relieve the stress and make him feel better."

"That is also true." Normal Poppy tapped her chin.

"Let him rest, and when you see him participating in troll activities again, you can ask him." The good Poppy added.

"Or go on a date the second he comes back." The evil Poppy grinned from ear to ear and tapped her fingers together deviously.

"No, I think my good side has a better idea. Thanks for coming up with ideas, though." Poppy gave her devil self a finger-four and the figments of her imagination disappeared.

She picked Mr. Dinkles up again and carried him over to the creek where Creek was meditating. Ironic, I know.

"Hi Creek!" Poppy jumped up next to him.

"Namaste Poppy." Creek bowed. "What brings you to me?"

"Biggie wanted me to give you Mr. Dinkles to worm-sit while he's away."

Creek looked confused. "He does?"

Poppy shoved Mr. Dinkles into his arms.

"Mew." Mr. Dinkles didn't seem to like Creek.

"Aw, you're bonding!" Poppy tickled Mr. Dinkles on the stomach and booped Creek.

"You two have fun!" Poppy skipped away from them.

Mr. Dinkles turned to Creek with a stare that could scare a murderer away.

~

I am trying to add more humor to the story so it won't be as depressing as the original- I hope you like the reboot and find it less cringy than the first-

aaaa-