Chapter 14

(I prefer Briggie, but I guess I have to add some minor Branch x Guy stuff too 😒 and I still have no idea how this became murder mystery)

Guy squinted his eyes. He couldn't clearly see anything. He felt tired. Had he just been unconscious? He couldn't remember what had happened. "Huh?"

"He's awake!" Guy recognized a very familiar accent exclaiming.

Guy could finally see everything in front of him.

There was a medium sized fire burning over several branches, a long log as a seat, and two occupied leaf beds.

A female troll with dark purple eyes, short, black hair, and a light, dirty purple shade for skin and the blue troll we all love, Biggie, were on the log.

In the one leaf bed, was Rose. She looked miserable. As predicted, someone did rescue her, but she still fell. She managed to survive, as she landed on a bush, but when she fell, she still ended up with very major injuries.

In the other one, was Branch. He looked so much better than before. He had a small smile on his face, he was warmer, and his skin had more color to it.

"What's going on?" Guy rubbed his eyes and yawned. It took a few seconds for him to realize that Biggie was standing in front of him. "BIGGIE!"

"GUY!" Biggie hugged the glitter troll tightly. "YOU'RE ALIVE!"

"AND YOU!" Guy ignored the incapability to breathe at that moment and hugged back.

"And Branch! But's he's sleeping like a baby and it's cute, so don't wake him up." Biggie pointed at Branch, as he was still suffocati- I mean, hugging Guy. "And that's Ash," He pointed at the gray troll, "And that's former Queen Rose!" He pointed at Rose.

"Queen Rose?" Guy was honored to be in her unconscious presence.

"We also met former Queen Mandevilla, and two friendly trolls named Verdana and Acorn." Biggie explained.

"Where are they?" Guy didn't see the other trolls Biggie had mentioned.

"I don't know. Ash basically kidnapped us." Biggie laughed, like that was a good thing.

"I didn't kidnap you." Ash scoffed. "I rescued you. If I never did, Rose would be dead in a canyon and Branch would be dead in your arms, Biggs."

Guy stared in confusion for a few seconds, then grinned and jumped out of Biggie's arms. "Now, that I've found you two, we can go back to Poppy, Archer, and Creek, then-"

Branch choked on air and sat up, "Creek? What?"

"Branch!" Guy tackled him, unaware of his injuries.

Branch shrieked, "OUCH!"

"Sorry!" Guy jumped up and saw the bandage on his arm and his leg, "Are you okay?"

"A tree flung into me and broke my arm, and.." Branch stopped himself, realizing he couldn't mention how Creek tried to kill him, "..and a, uh, tree branch cut my leg."

"A tree branch cut you that deep?" Ash didn't entirely buy his excuse, but didn't think of it as a huge deal. Though, it somewhat is.

Branch and Biggie both tackled Guy, pulling him in to a huge hug, and both cried a little.

"I thought we were going to die out here!" Biggie choked Guy again.

Branch was also choking Guy, "I thought we were never going to see any of our friends again!"

Biggie stopped hugging and gasped loudly, "Is the village okay?"

"Is Poppy okay?" Branch asked.