Chapter 16

Katie's dress

Emily's dress

Emily's dress

"Girls let's go

"Girls let's go." My mom shouted from downstairs. Yes my mom. Her and dad flew in two days ago for my graduation because they get a week off filming every time they direct a movie.

"Coming." I yelled back as I touched up my makeup quickly. "Let's go."

Emily and I made our way downstairs and into the living room where both of our parents were sat along with my brother and Nathan.

"Wow. You guys look great." Emily's dad, Greg, told us.

"Thanks." We both replied.

"Well let's get going." Dad told everyone. Emily rode with her parents while I went with my parents, Liam and Nathan.

As we began the short drive to the school I took out the flash notes for my speech and began rhyming things off in my head.

"Nervous." Liam asked. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"You're gonna be fine." Nathan whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek.

We pulled up in the school parking lot and I was both excited and nervous. This would probably be my last time in the school. We walked into the gymnasium which had been lined with chairs and a stage was built at the top.

"Let's go." I spoke to Emily. We said goodbye to everyone and headed to sit with the other students. Once everyone was seated the music stopped and our principal took the stage and began his speech.

His speech consisted of saying different things about the school and our graduating class. After that each students name was called out and they received their diploma then sat back in their seat. With being valedictorian my name was called out last because I had to make my speech.

"Katie O'Connor." I stood up and made sure I had my flash notes with me before heading up to the stage. I took a deep breath before beginning.

"The theme I chose for my speech is dreams. But before I get to that I wanna thank every one of our teacher and Mr Higgins for everything they've done for us. And now my fellow graduates of Westview 2018. Dreams. They're a powerful thing and something we all have. Something we all chase. Some people's dreams involve college and other involve traveling the world. But dreams are something we all have in common. We all thing were so different then the person sitting next to us but its not true. We have lots of things in common and one I can assure you we all have in common is dreams no matter how big or small. So after today when we go out separate ways remember that we are all connected just like we're connected to every person in the world. Please follow your dreams whether the road is a flat path or a steep mountain. Do it. Thank you." I finished and everyone clapped as I moved back to my seat.