Sleepover at the Cortez

Rene POV

The sun was setting and the night sky was coming out from its hiding position behind the houses as I lead Sherwin the way to my house. His hands were really warm and soft ( they were kind of bigger than my hand but I don't mind.) 30mins have past until we were finally here. I let go of Sherwin's hand, which my hand felt cold afterwards, and was about to knock on the door when it suddenly open widely to see the person I despise throughout my years......Sunny.

Sherwin's POV

OH,NO sunny's at the door! I better hide my eye before she finds out!

"Hello my dearest little sister Renny!" said Sunny in the most cheerful voice and gave Rene a death squeeze of love.

"Gosh darn it Sunny, I told you not in front of my friend, and it's Rene not Renny." said Rene in a bothered tone.

"Well guess what, he's my friend too, and I'm sorry I can't help myself when I see my adorable little sister at the front door; Hello Sherwi-...Oh, what happened?

Well too late to hide it. "I-I was j-just, I-I.......I-It's...."I didn't know what to say, I sounded like a broken record, I was scared what will Sunny do?

Sunny's POV

He was stuttering, he only does that when he's scared or sad. I looked at Rene for answers while Sherwin was trying to come up with a sentence. "Jonathan." she said in a boring tone. That name it self made me mad. Jonathan is always picking on my sister and Sherwin for being the odd one's out, and I also gave him a warning yesterday morning and he still refused to obey, this kid thinks he can do whatever he wants because he wants to, but he's wrong. I remember David told me that he kind of has an anger problem when he doesn't get what he wants, but that is no excuse. It's whether his parents teach him a lesson he will never forget or I will!

'Calm down sunny don't make a scene. not in front of Sherwin.' "you poor thing." I said and gave him a good hug and rubbed circles around his back to calm him down because his eyes were glossy, meaning that he would have cried at any given time. Rene closed the door while I took Sherwin inside by the hand. and sat him on the chair in the kitchen next to the counter.

" I'll go get my mom, she'll help you with that eye." I said with a smile, and he nodded.

I went to the living room and found my mom and dad sitting in the couch, reading together. "mom." I said and she turned around and looked at me. "My friends here, and he has a purple eye, do you have the first aid kit?" She got up and walk towards me with a look of worry. I grabbed her hand and lead her to Sherwin. She cupped her hands on Sherwin's cheek to take a good look on how bad it was. "pobrecito nino." (poor boy) "wait here i'll be right back."  she then went to get the ice back from the refrigerator.

"  she then went to get the ice back from the refrigerator

"This might help." said and gently placed the ice pack on his eye. "there do you feel better." she asked him. "much better." he responded. "so, what happened?" she asked in a worried tone. "I....walked into a pole." he said, my mom gave him a look and decided to just go with it. "ok, well you be safe alright?" "ok." "now then, let's go watch that movie, yes?" "sure." he said and we all went to the living room to watch a movie, meanwhile I had to put another pack of popcorn in the microwave, because I ate the first pack while waiting for Sherwin and Rene.