[2]

Chapter two: Mutant to mutant[Y/n] walked to the train with Peter after school, since the latter had promised him to show him around

[Y/n] walked to the train with Peter after school, since the latter had promised him to show him around. Daniel had turned Peter's invitation down, saying he had a lot of stuff to do. [Y/n] knew why he didn't come with them, because before he left he had whispered "good luck on your date," leaving [Y/n] with a confused face.

"So I heard some people at school talking some sort of Spider-man? Who is he anyway?" [Y/n] asked curiously, as the two of them got in the train and sat next to each other in the back.
"Oh, erm... he's some sort of neighbourhood superhero, he swings around like a spider, really cool guy," Peter answered, running his hand through his chestnut hair. "I got to know him during the Stark internship but Mr Stark made me promise not to tell anyone who he really is."

"Stark? As in Tony Stark? Woah..." [Y/n] breathed out, clearly impressed.

Peter told [Y/n] more about the 'Stark-internship' along the way, he seemed very impressed and somehow that gave an amazing feeling. When the train arrived in Queens the two of them got off and headed towards Delmar's, which Peter would show first.

Peter opened the door and the familiar bell rang. Peter nodded [Y/n] to enter, he walked past him and looked around the store.

"Ah, Mr Parker! The usual, number five?" Mr Delmar said when he noticed the boy come in. "Not now, thank you Mr Delmar, I'm just showing a friend around," Peter said nodding towards [Y/n] who now stood behind me. "Hello!" He greeted Mr Delmar, shaking his hand "I'm [Y/n] [L/n], just moved here."

"Well hello Mr [L/n], would you like to try a sandwich?"

"Yeah, I'd love to try one! There are so many choices though, Peter, which one would you recommend?" [Y/n] asked me, "I assume you come here often,"

"Well, I always take number five... but..."

"One number five, please," [Y/n] said to Delmar. "Coming right up!" the man responded.
After a few minutes of waiting [Y/n] got and payed for his sandwich and he and Peter bode farewell to Delmar.

Peter lead [Y/n] towards Kissena park, "hmm... this is legit! Seriously, I've never eaten such a good sandwich,"
During their walk through the park Peter found him often feeling that same feeling in his stomach each time he looked at his new friend, not to mention a weird sensation or chill whenever something as normal as their shoulders touching or their his hand brushing the back of [Y/n]'s happened. He had only met [Y/n] today, yet he had fallen for him quicker than an anvil from a skyscraper. They went to view a few more stores after their short stroll. By the time they had reached the end of the street [Y/n] noticed it was already 5:30 pm.

"Peter, it's getting quite late," he said, "we'd better go to your place now. I've to be home by 6..."

The American boy nodded, "Of course, we'll head there straight away!"

-------------------

They walked up the stairs of Peter's apartment building and down a narrow corridor until they reached a door at the end of it. Peter grabbed a small key from his pocket, which he proceeded to insert into the keyhole, unlocking said door. "Peter? Is that you?" aunt May said from somewhere in the apartment, "Yes!" Peter yelled back, "I've got company!"

"Company? Is it Ned?" an astoundingly young woman came walking out of the kitchen. [Y/n] could see from whom he got his looks, "Hello miss Parker," he said, extending his hand, "I'm [Y/n], I've just moved here, you see. I met Peter at school and he was so kind to give me a small tour 'round Queens,"

"Hello!" she replied, shaking his extended hand, "It's nice to meet you, I'm Peter's aunt, but he most likely already told you that. It's very nice of him to show you around, nothing I didn't expect from Peter, of course," she said, messing up his hair with her hand. [Y/n] chuckled and Peter's cheeks heated up once more, did she really have to do that?

"Is it okay if I quickly show [Y/n] my room?" I asked May. "Of course! But I trust he needs to be home for dinner in a few, so make it quick."
"We will!" Peter said, dragging [Y/n] along with him, an action that even surprised himself.

[Y/n] followed Peter to his room, the apartment had a nice cosy look to it that he really liked. Peter opened his room and you went inside, this was more [Y/n]'s style. There was bunk bed next to the only window in to with the top bunk being all nice and the bottom bunk being a complete mess. There was a messy unorganised desk next to the bed with some sort of small cupboard with a chessboard on top of it, loads of books and pieces of paper all over it. Two desk lamps sat on either side of the desk. The overall room was messy, but just the round amount of messy. Some of Peter's clothes laid spread out over the bedroom floor. When Peter noticed them he quickly started picking them up and stuffing them into on of the drawers of his dresser that stood on the left of the door. [Y/n] eventually looked up at the ceiling and noticed some sort of hatch. "Peter, what's that?" he asked, pointing up at the hatch in the ceiling.

"That? I-it's nothing," said Peter looking away. Obviously Peter wasn't that good at hiding things, since his behavior was only an indication that it most definitely was something.

"Yeah, right." He said as he stretched out his arm to reach for the hatch. "Don't!" Peter yelled and pushed [Y/n] onto his bed, collapsing onto [Y/n] himself. He "I-it's nothing okay? Just nothing," he seemed extremely nervous. "Then you sure care a whole lot about nothing, don't you?" [Y/n] said, tilting his head in doubt. "You know what? I lied, it's my diary. I'm ashamed of having one so I keep it there," he said, looking down. [Y/n] raised an eyebrow at his see-through lie, "then I don't get why I can't open the damn thing. That diary must contain some pretty awful and ashaming stuff if you worry so much about the damn thing. It's not like either of us would die if I only looked at it. "[Y/n] , I'd really appreciate if you didn't-"

Curiosity had gotten the best of [Y/n], he ducked under Peter but his body glitched in the process, making him pass through Peter with a small plop. He jumped up, opening the hatch by pushing it open with his left hand. A mix of blue and red fabric fell to the floor, Peter stood in awe about what had just happened while [Y/n] inspected what seemed to be a suit. He took a good look and saw a small black spider in the middle of the suit, surrounded by a spiderweb-like pattern.

"Spiders...? Hold on. Are you that Spider-m-?!" Before [Y/n] could finish his sentence Peter put his hand on his mouth.

"Ssssh!" he went frantically.

[Y/n] licked Peter's hand, causing the latter to remove his hand and rub it against his pants, "Ew, gross dude."

"Tell me the truth, Pete."

Peter groaned loudly as he sat down on his bed and said: "Okay, I admit. B-but just promise me you will NEVER tell anyone else,"

"I promise," [Y/n] said in an honest and reliable tone.

"Thanks," Peter said, sighing in relief. "Now it's your turn to explain that," he made a gesture as to mimic a plop.

"Yeah I don't have control over it, I take meds for it but it seems that have stopped working now. It happens randomly. That accident in that one Canadian science facility Flash talked about? I was there." Peter looked up and went, "Oh, yeah. There was one kid who got in full contact with the explosion, and miraculously survived, right?"

"Yep. And that kid so happens to be me."

"So I guess that means we're both kinda special."

"Yeah, Pete, we are both kinda special."