Chapter 3

**Phoenix**

THIS IS THE WORST! What do I do?! I don't know how to get to campus. I know that this place, Carly's dorm is inside the university but this univ is humungous! I don't know where the business building is. I always have my driver drive me there, and even though i'm a sophomore, I haven't made myself familiar with Acorn yet. I'm so confused as to why I am in Carly's body but this is creepy as hell. I admit Carly is my best friend but I don't know how I will survive being her. This is-

"Carly! Wow! What a surprise! You woke up earlier than everybody (we're 4 in the room). You're usually still asleep when we leave the room (so that explains Carly's tardiness record). And you're all dressed up. And you're wearing a dress. Wow!"

Classes are at 7:30 and it's 6 am. No one in this room is awake yet. Well, being in the university already, that's okay. I live 30 minutes away and I wake up at 5 because I take long with my hair and make up. If Carly woke up just when I called her, then OMG! What must she be looking like right now?

"ehem." The girl across me clears her throat.

"um-" okay. I don't know who this girl is.

"You know, you should always dress like this. Rather than your loose shirts and jeans. You look pretty amazing. And you have make up on! I mean, girl, am I dreaming??"

"thanks? I guess, um..." I look at her bed and see her name in glitters on the wall.

"thanks, Mitch"

"Sure thing. Girl. I'd say you're a 10 today. Every day you're a 3."

Wow that's a little rude. I have to admit, Carly has poor taste in clothes but 3 is too low, she is adorable in them.

Before the two other girls wake up and talk to me the same way, I have to leave.

I open Carly's phone and text her.

Carly, meet me at the gate in 5 mins.

My phone beeps.

Carly: b there at 25. Just got off your house.

Me: okay. C u.

C: but, classes?

Oh yeah, I forgot. No matter how late Carly gets, she is grade conscious. She has been an achiever since high school, and she was the class salutatorian. She never misses any class, even with fever or something.

Me: this is important. Just ask Vince for notes. You're time to shine!!

C: fine. But, he doesn't know me, remember??

M: ok. I'll ask him.

C: but u in my body.

M: so ur gonna have to ask him. Haha

C: still freaking out. U?

M: nothing freakier than this.

C: c u in a bit. Let's sort this out.

M: u think this is permanent?

C: no, let's talk about this later. ur car and phone makin me sick.

M: ok. C u carl.

I have to leave this room. I can't wait another 25 minutes. But where do I go??

"um, Mitch?"

"ye?"

"nothing. I'm leaving."

"well, o...kayy? Too early but, bye girl! See ya later!"