CHAPTER FOUR - AFRICAN'T

hey guys....well here we are finally....what do you think of the characters?....
I mean who should have who...

Thank you so much @shamsilia for the support...
@looselipssinkships for the cover
.. please keep voting and voting and voting!!!
It's what makes me feel the need to keep writing.

One last thing...let the title not influence you..

Chapter four- AFRICAN'T

       *Jake*

So  here  I  am  sitted  in  this  rather  uncomfortable  airport  seats  by  the  waiting  area... I  don't  like  airports.... Next  to  me  is  Denzel  who's  on  his  laptop  and  taking  a  sneak  peek  of  the  content  he's  on  it's  some  space  crap. How  boring  could  Evans'  friends  get?..  like  Ed  for  instance  so  cool  and  calm  though  seated  awkwardly  next  to  Denzel  but  his  eyes  are   fixed  to  the  ceiling.  His  back  could  be  hurting  but  he  seemed  to  be  pretty  preoccupied  with  I don't  know  what. Until  he  smiles  for  a minute,  looks  around  and  goes  back  to  his previous  state. Is  he  okay? Yes  the  guy  is very  okay. Just  a  little  crazy  to  a  person who  didn't  know  any  better  about  him. Ed is  the  type  of  person  that  does  not  go crazy  once  in  a  while....instead  he  goes normal once  in  a  while.
He's  the  least  of  my  problems  right  now anyway.  We  were  waiting  to  start  boarding with  our  passports  ready  to  go  and  so  I had  time  to  check  my  phone . The Gram. Jessica  was  going  live. I  could  have  joined but  I  saw  'Kanye and Kim'  walking  to  us. I  don't  get  it  how  could  my  lame  brother  get  such  a  hot  girl  to  like  him. Grace  is hot.
And  I  mean  super  hot.
Not  that  I  care so  much  about  them  though  so  I  go  back to  my  phone  and
WHAT  THE...
Jessica  just  posted  a  pic  of  her  and  I'm pretty  sure  I  know  where  she  is....at  the airport....wait  Jessica  lives  with  only  her mom. What  was  she  doing  at  the  airport.

...

"Come  on  guys  the  gate  to  board  is  this way." My  dad  called  to  us.
I  quickly  got  up.
I  was  anxious.
I've  not  been  in  such  long  flights. This would  be  a  first.
And  finally  after  getting  through  security and all ,
we  boarded.
I  took  my  seat  next  to  Denzel. Not  because  I  like  him  that  much  but
one
because  Angelina  would  definitely  be  next to  Evans  and
two 
because  I  could  not  be  next  to  Ed.
Don't  get  me  wrong  but  I've  seen  Ed  sleep over,
multiple times ,
at our place and  the  guy  snores. The  last thing  I  want  is  a  sound  track  to  my  ears a all  the  way  down to  Africa. You  feel  me.

Evans*

Do  airports  have  to  be  this  crowded. I  can't  even  give  a  proper  goodbye  to  my  girl  without  getting  judgy  scornful  eyes from  both  the  old  and  the  young  alike... again 
PEOPLE  have  the  tendency  get  on   my  nerve.
Especially  those  that  don't  mind  their  own  fucking....
"Promise  you'll  come  back  to  me  E"
Grace's  soft  voice  brings  me  back  to  sanity. Here  I  was  hugging  her  tight. I  could  smell  her  hair. Some  expensive  smell. But  if  anyone  can  afford  it, its her  alright  considering  the  wealth  her  family has.
Rich people.
Second item that gets on my nerves.
....

We  are  on  board  the  plane  and  I'm  next  to  Angelina. I know it's soon but I  wish  it was  Grace  next  to  me  though.
Wait.
Do I?
Yeah  I  do. What  the....why  would  I  wish  not. I  mean  she's  the  one  girl  I  had  a  crush  on  since  I  joined  campus. And  it  took  me  a  whole  semester  to  get  her  to  be  mine.  So  yeah. I  needed  her  here  with me. But  she  wasn't.
I  had  Angelina.
How  lucky  can  a  man  be. She  never  talks about  boys  much. I  mean  what  is  there  to talk  about. Guys  notice  her  but  it's  the courage  to  approach  her  that  doesn't  match their  own  desires.
If  we  hadn't  grown up  together. Went  to  the same  high  school. I  don't  think  I'd  have  her  this  close. Though  my  looks  did  also come  in  quite  handy  since  it  all  began  by me  asking  her  out.
Then  I  realized  that  she  was  more  than  just  a  girl  I  could  mess  with.  She  was  a person  I  could  share  my  thoughts  with. So yeah,  I  decided  to  make  her  exactly  that.

A  person  I  could  share  with.

"Hey  is  that  panic  all  over  your  face" I asked  her  in  a  comical  manner. Just  to  get  her  to  lighten  up  a  little.
"I'm  not  sure  whether  Africa  is  going  to  go  well  for  me....I  should  have  thought  it through" she  said. Clearly  I  was  right. Her mind  was  clouding  with  the  thoughts  of how  wicked  that place  could  be -Just like mine was- leaving  her  in  unendless  misery.
"Don't  start  regretting  already. What  happened  to  optimistic  Angelina".
"Seriously  dude  it's  Africa ...what  could possibly  not  go  wrong"..
Jeez..even  I  hadn't  thought  of  it  that  much. I  just  wanted  to  enjoy  the  beauty  of it  in  my  mind  you  know. So  I  had  nothing relevant to  tell  her  except  maybe  make  her mad  over  something  else.
Females.
So  emotional.
"Naah  it  won't  be  that  bad. Besides maybe some  African  boy  will  have  the  balls  to finally  come  up  at  you." I  told  her  peering through  the  window  next  to  me  then  back to  the  hot  blonde  air  hostess  who  was  now  speaking  saying  basically  what  they tell  passengers  on  every  day  flight.
"Oh  my  God...You  are  thinking  about  that  right  now. I'm  calling   a  doctor. And  no  I  have  enough  guys  all  over  me  over  here. So  I  don't  plan  on  adding  up  that  list and especially  not  with an  African  man  for  that  matter." She  said  locking  eyes  with  me. Was  I  jealous?
How  come  I  never  knew  she  had  guys. Or was  she  just  being  her  usual  self. Teasing me.
"You're  joking  right" I  asked  her  firmly.
"About  which  part  exactly" she  always  knew  where  to  hit  me  perfect.
"All  of  it.. especially  about  the  guys  over here" I  added. If  I  was  going  to  get  my  heart broken.
Let  it  be  in  the  air.
That  way  the pieces  would  scatter  and  there  would  be no  healing. 
And  hence  no  love.
I  have  loved so  much  I hate  it.

"Is  that  concern  or  jealousy  in  your  tone.. anyway  you  know I  don't  like  guys  that much. You're  basically  the  only  guy  I  get along  with. It's  funny"
She  said  adjusting  in  her  seat  to  look away. I  think  I  made  her  feel  some  type  of way. And  now  she  had  put  an  end  to  my misery.
"What  makes  you  so  sure  I'm  not  the  one. If  I  were  you  I'd  propose  already  before another  beats  you  to  it." I  said  feigning.
"Don't  brag  Evans  Anderson. Or I'll  take  it  back"
She  said  then  closed  her  eyes.
Her  gorgeous  eyes.
I  watched  her  sleep. Before  checking  my phone  to  see  if  anyone  had  checked  on  me  for  the  last  two  or  three  hours  it  had been  off.
I  found  a  couple  of  texts.
But  one  that  was  really  interesting  to  my eye  was  from  Ed.
     - yo bro most people don't like weed
       But I don't like most people. So  it's  all good🌴.
It  was  around  3:27  when  it  came  in  so  I knew  this  guy  was  either  so  high  or  so bored.
But  it  was  Ed. He  was  just  you  know.....him.
So  I  replied  to..... him
      - Drumrolls brother..we about to hit your motherland😁

And  with  that  I  put  my  headphones  on  to let  the  music  drown  my  thoughts.
Because  deep  down. I  already  miss  Grace.
But  my  life  was  taking  a  turn  and  it  was time  I  started  embracing  this  phase.

Ps:
Thanks guys......took me a while to get this done..it has been rough lately...but we here now lol..
So again vote.
And yes your comments.
Who's eager for the life down there?
I know I am.
I'll update soon.
Ilyasm😉