Chapter 4

Sofi came over and gave me a long hug. We had also become closer since I started dating Camila. And we do a lot things together and it makes her happy that we get along so well. "Hey Lolo, how are you doing?" she asked and I shrugged.

"I'm alright right now" I told her holding back the tears, I had to be strong for her. If I started to cry, she would too and that wouldn't be good.

Then I looked over towards her father, he didn't move from his spot. I expected that. He was never one hundred percent behind mine and Camila's relationship and was a little hesitant when I came to them and asked if I could marry their daughter. He had always wanted Camila to marry a guy, because he didn’t expect her daughter to be gay, but then she fell in love with a girl.

"Mr. Cabello" I said and nodded a little.

He didn't make any motion towards me nor did he answer me. Then, her mom nudged him in the stomach and he replied. "Lauren, nice to see you again." He was lying in his socks.

"You too." I smiled a little and looked back to the exotic beauty that was lying on the bed. Sofi came over and put her hand across my back and squeezed my waist a little.

"Are you hungry?" she asked and I shook my head no. I hadn't eaten anything for about two days but still was not hungry. She pulled me away from her body and looked at me. "You look terrible Lolo, you have to eat something."

"I'm not hungry." I answered and she looked at me.

"And I don't care, you're coming with me and eating something." I sighed and she pulled me towards the cafeteria. I sat there and starred at the food that was on my tray. I poked it with my fork and just looked down. "Lolo, I know this is hard for you, but it's hard on all of us. Please just eat something."

I brought a little to my mouth and swallowed it with difficulty. God this is so hard. I took another bite and it wasn't as bad as the first, and for the first time, I felt the hunger rumble through me. I finished what was on the plate and was about to throw it away when Camila's mother came running into the cafeteria with tears in her face.

"Lauren!" she called out looking for me. She looked around frantically and when she spotted me, she ran over out of breathe. "Lauren… Camila…" she was gasping for air.

"What about her?" I asked a little nervous.

"She… she…" her tears were filled with tears, whether they were happy or sad tears was unknown to me. I sat on the edge of my seat preparing my heart for the blow. What if they lost her? What if I would never see her beautiful smile or breath-taking eyes again?

"What?" I asked hurrying her. I wanted to know what happened.

"Her eyes opened! She's awake! Lauren, go!" I sat there paralyzed for what seemed like an eternity. My mind was running at the speed of light. She was awake, actually awake! I couldn't move. I didn't know where to go.

Sofi pushed on my back and I stood up. I hugged her mother so tight I think I cut the circulation off.

"Lauren…go!" she said and I let her go, the smile on my face could not be erased. I was grinning from ear to ear as I took off in a full blown sprint towards the room. I pressed the button for the elevator, but it wasn't coming fast enough so I shoved the door to the stairs open and took them like three at a time. I got the seventh floor and ran to her room, number 48. I walked inside, past her father who was talking to the doctor outside of the room. I walked in and saw her eyes dart to me.

"Oh my God Camz!" I said and scooped her up into a bone crushing hug. I let her go and leaned down and kissed her forehead gingerly, not wanting to push her to far right after she woke up. She looked up at me with scarred eyes, confusion written in them.

I ran my hand down her cheek, wondering what she was thinking and why she looked like she didn't know me. I assumed she was just full of different drugs and couldn't think straight so I ignored the feeling that something was wrong. Nothing was going to ruin this day. I smiled at her, but she didn't return it.

"Camz, what is it?" I asked and sat down next to her, still looking down at her. "What? Do you not know who I am?" I asked jokingly and then my heart stopped.

"No…" she shook her head, "…I don't" I could feel the sick feeling in my stomach rise, I felt like I was going to throw up. How could she not know who I am? I was the one who was there for her when things went wrong, I was the one she would talk to until three in the morning, I was the one who she gave her virginity to, I was the one who was going to be hers forever.

"You're joking right?" I asked as my tongue turned to sandpaper.

Her face looked scarred as she looked down to my hand that was on her hip, rubbing light circles with my thumb. "No" she said in a quiet voice as I slowly lifted my hand from her and stood up. I backed up to the wall and balled my fists in anger. I hit them against the wall and cursed under my breath. "Fuck!"

I walked out of the room to be greeted by The doctor and Mr. Cabello who were having a discussion about the side affects of the coma.

"…Dizziness, Nausea, and Memory loss." My heart sunk. This can't be happening. Why is everything so fucked up? This wasn't supposed to happen!

"Is that why she doesn't know who I am?" I said fighting the vomit that was threatening to come up at any time.

"I'm afraid so, we're not sure how long this could last or if it will be permanent." And there goes my heart again. Does no one want it to be whole? I leaned my head against the wall and tears escaped my eyes. Her mom walked in the room, and I waited out here, listening to them.

"Mom, who was that girl?" she asked and my eyes close wanting this all to be a bad dream.

"Honey, she's your fiancé." She said and I could imagine the look of confusion on her face at those words.

"But, I don't know her?" she said.

"Honey, you two are inseparable." Her mother states, "You really don't know who she is?" she was trying and I was grateful.

"No…" she answered in a quiet raspy voice. I slid down the wall and let my head fall to rest on my knees.

"Fuck…"

 AN : Well, Camila and Lauren are 24 . So, Sofi is 14 (just bear with me)