I'll be your light

A/N- If blood and murder scenes or parts trigger you I think you should skip the first few paragraphs of the story.

The high pitched scream echoed through the darkness. Shu and Lui froze on their spots. "W-what's that?" Shu muttered as Lui took his hand. 

"Let's go and find out what"

"But that could be dangerous you know?" Shu reasoned.

Lui looked at him. "Shu, the path to our house is that way. We'll have to pass that side no matter what."

Shu slowly nods as he followed Lui. The sound came from a nearby storehouse. And it was abandon for a long time. Most of the people avoided that place in any case because of the rumors going on about ghosts and stuff. Not like Lui believed in ghosts. They stepped to the door and peeked in. Shu's eyes widen at the sight. Two men standing near a body. One had a large axe in his hand and the other had crouched down beside it. The dead man was lying on a pool of blood. He still seem to have alive cause Shu could see his chest rising like crazy trying to breath like a fish out of water. He had a major wound on his head and the blood was gushing out of it making half of his face completely red. Shu clasped his hands in front of his mouth trying to silence himself. The scene in front of his was terrifying. Lui looked at Shu who was now shaking in fear. He pulled his arm and took cover behind a large box.

He looked at Shu and pulled a finger in front of him gesturing him to be silence. Shu nodded still trembling. They could hear the men's voices. "We told you didn't we? Messing with us is the biggest mistake you've ever done"

"This is your punishment" The other man said raising the axe. Shu and Lui could see everything perfectly. The man raised his axe and hit the wounded one last time. Shu yelped unintentionally. Lui cursed silently as he looked at the two men again. They were looking at their side. The dragon blader closed his eyes taking a deep breath trying to calm himself. 

"Did you hear that?" One of them asked.

"Yes, it came behind that box" 

The two boys froze. Their hearts thumping inside their chests. It was only a matter of time until they find them. Lui did the only thing that came to his mind. He slipped his hand into Shu's and looked at him. Shu looked paler than usual it didn't take a genius to find out that Shu was scared out of hell at the moment. And Lui was too but he still had a clear mind so he leaned to Shu and whispered. "When I say run you'll have to come with me"

Shu nodded shakily. Footsteps become closer and closer in each minute. And then Lui got up and kick the boxes making them fall right into the killers and dragging Shu with him they ran. "Wha- wait you brats" One of the men cried as they started to chase them.

They ran in silent alleys of the night. The newfound adrenaline inside their blood made them easier to keep their speed. But the two men kept a low pace behind them running almost fast as the boys. "Kill them" One yelled at the other. "Boss's orders is to kill any eye witnesses"

Shu felt his legs become weaker. He couldn't take this anymore. The more they ran they more weaker he felt. Suddenly Lui dragged him to a dark alleyway. They can hear the footsteps. Lui pulled him into a little empty place between two walls. Both of them were cramped inside but it was a perfect place to hide. The footsteps stopped. Lui looked at Shu who was still shaking. He pulled him into a hug and make the younger rest his head against his chest. Shu listened to the racing heartbeat of his boyfriend he closed his eyes rightly wrapping his arms around the other. 

"Where did the brats go?" One voice called. 

Then a ringing of a phone could be heard. After some talking the man raised his voice again. "We're dead meat. Boss is mad he needs us to come back Sato let's go"