chapter two

Night was only the time of the day were Elliot truly felt paranoid

    Night was only the time of the day were Elliot truly felt paranoid. She never liked the quiet shadows creeping towards the ends of her covers or the whispering wind brushing her window creating scenarios Elliot did not want to think of.

   Elliot sat next to Ron, his hand on the back of her chair reminding her that there was nothing to be afraid of in this house. She watches Sirius and Harry talk about Voldemort. Elliot squirms in her seat looking at the table at the mention of that cruel man.

   Was he even considered a man anymore? Elliot shudders at the thought and was brought back into the conversation when Mrs.Weasley starts shouting in her motherly voice. "And that's quite right, Harry! You're much too young-" Sirius waves his hand at the glaring mother, not even sparing her a glance.

    "He has to know Molly." Ron brings Elliot's chair closer to his once the room was eerily silent besides Sirius, Molly and Harry speaking. "It's not your decision!" Elliot's eyes widen at the statement glancing between the dark haired man and Molly.

   She, like everyone else, stayed silent at the argument knowing there was not going to be any agreements anytime soon. Both were looking out for Harry, yes, but both had different views on what kept Harry safe. Elliot was just hoping whatever happens is for the best.

    "I know what Dumbledore said, but he needs to know something." Molly opens her mouth giving a silent scoff watching Harry smile at Sirius gratefully. Elliot was a tad bit jealous of their relationship but was happy Harry finally had a father figure; Someone to protect Harry, someone that's not the Durselys.

   "He's not a child, Molly." Elliot could feel something bad about to come out of tbe two mouths, so she goes to grab Ron's hand from under the table but to her surprise it's already taken by Hermione who was staring at Harry in worry.

     Elliot frowns at the sight, her heart clenching softly. Was it already time to give up her silly crush on the freckled Gryffindor? Sadly, the girl already knew the answer to that. Elliot squeezed her outstretched hand and brought it back to her lap, leaning on the table.

    "He's not an adult either!" Molly pauses glancing at Harry before sighing. "He's not James." Sirius barely went stiff as Harry stared at Molly. Arthur bit the inside of his cheek fearing the worst for the next sentence to flee from Sirius's mouth. "I'm fully aware of who he is, Molly." Sirius refrains from spitting the words out causing chills to go through the room. Sirius was terrifying when he was mad.

    Molly softly steps forward, barely even making a noise. "I only have Harry's best interests at heart." She sends Harry a warm motherly look, he returning the soft smile. Elliot's heart ached at this conversation, feeling out of place as it was just the three talking. She pushes her chair quietly away from the table and stands to leave.

    "He's not your son." "Who else does he have, then?" "He's got me. He's like a son to me." Elliot stops in her tracks as Sirius shoots up, glaring at Molly who stands her place still glaring up at him. A moment of silence passes before Molly spins on her heel and storms out of the room.