Chapter 1

Seungwoo

Seungwoo

I stared out the window, noticing that the weather was beautiful - the sky was clear and the sun was beaming down, providing an excellent heat that seemed to be calling my name, reaching out for me to venture into the outdoors. "Byung come to daddy! Let's put our shoes on" I yelled, awaiting for the pattering sound of my 7-year-old adopted sons feet as they tapped lightly along the wooden floor of our house. Once he arrived in the lounge where I stood waiting for him, he let out a huge grin as he displayed his dimples which sunk deep into his adorable cheeks.

"Where are we going daddy?" Byungchan questioned, looking up at me with large eyes, pleading for an answer. "Since the weather looks nice I was thinking maybe we could go to the park? I've heard from your teachers that you don't tend to socialise very much so I figured that it might be a good place for you to make some new friends" I replied, hoping that he wouldn't be stubborn and would accept my idea. "I don't need friends, I have daddy" he stated, huffing a little as he crossed his arms, attempting to look angry when in reality he just looked cute. "Daddy has work whilst you have school, I can't always be with you baby" I firmly announced, holding his hand as I unlocked the front door, refusing to take no for an answer.

Eventually we reached the park, despite Byungchan's protests to stay at home. I sat down on a bench as I watched him run off towards one of the swings, a large smile on his face as he giggled and forgot about how he didn't want to go out a couple of minutes ago. Unfortunately, just before he could get on the swing, another boy ran up to him, also wanting to go on that specific swing. There were tons of other swings in this park, why the fuck do they both have to pick the same one? It wasn't even in the shade either so the black seat would probably burn their bottoms off when they sat on it due to the suns scorching rays. Nervertheless, they were fighting and the other boy seemed to be winning, I just sat back hoping that Byungchan would win so I could be proud.

"Who is the parent of the child in the yellow t-shirt?" A man shouted, his soothing voice managing to sound beautiful even though he was trying to be loud. I glanced over at Byungchan and noticed that he was indeed wearing a yellow shirt so I stood up from the bench which was rather comfortable, raising my hand as I replied "um...me?"