Chapter 2

Seungsik

Seungsik

My 6 year old son, who is called Subin, had been enjoying his time at the park for quite a while now. "Sik sik" he spoke, running over to me, "subin is going on the swings now". I nodded, smiling as he ran over excitedly. Usually I would have told him off for calling me by my name however since there were other dads at the park if he had just yelled dad it would've caused confusion. I smiled proudly at how intelligent my son is, distracted by my thoughts that I didn't even notice that subin had began to get in an argument with a boy in a yellow shirt.

"Who is the parent of the child in the yellow t-shirt?" I shouted, cursing at my throat for not going louder due to me spending so long constantly singing. "Umm...me?" A handsome man replied, strolling over to me. Suddenly I got nervous, this man looked incredibly strong and I was worried about what he could potentially do to subin and I. "Subin come here quickly please" I demanded at my son, wanting him to avoid fighting with this other boy in case his dad got mad.

"I'm sorry my kid and yours had a big of conflict, I apologise and my son does too, right subin?" I told the handsome man, staring anxiously at the floor as I held Subin's hand to comfort me. "I'm not sorry, he was mean to me! He called me the b word" Subin whined. I had no clue how on Earth my 6 year old son knew what a swear word was but somehow he did; that wasn't my biggest worry right now though when there was a man about 6 foot with muscles towering over us both. I unknowingly began to hold my breath as I panicked, frightened as sweat began to drip down my face. "Hey man no need to be sorry, I'm not upset or anything. See you around" the man cooly said, patting me on the shoulder before walking over to his son and placed him on the swing, starting to push his son who giggled in return and asked his dad to push him higher. I sighed, thinking about how they probably had a nice functioning family whereas I was struggling to live with a poor boy who I found in the streets and took in since his parents were nowhere to be seen and I had raised on my own.

"Why is sik sik sad? Did subin do something wrong?" Subin tugged on my sleeve, bringing me back to reality as I picked him up and put him on my back. "Let's go home subin" I sighed, feeling like a bad dad as I walked back, hearing my sons breathing slow down as he drifted off to sleep, unaware of all the miserable thoughts that filled my mind.