Chapter 3

While the fight was going on Natalie was on the phone with the NYPD, there was nothing she could have done to help him but she was guilt ridden as Adam had to take a bullet for her.

As soon as the captain and the others heard about what happened they rushed to Natalie's place. Once Natalie was done giving here statement she ordered to be taken to Adam. She wanted to be by his side when he woke up.

Hours passed and he was still unconscious under the influence of Morphine, Natalie hadn't left his side the entire night. All night long all she could think about was how Adam took the bullet for her and the good old days when they were inseparable.

In the early hours of morning Natalie decided to get herself an espresso, she got back just in time to see Adam when he opened his eyes.

“Hey..” she muttered when he opened his eyes.

“Hey..” he replied with a sheepish grin.

The pain was still there but it was nothing compared to the joy of seeing her by his side when he needed her the most.

“How are you feeling?”

“Never been better.”

“You saved my life...Thank you.”

“It was nothing...besides, you would have done the same for me.”

“Maybe...” said Natalie now smiling.

“Let's not find out.” said Adam who was now trying to sit up. Every breath was painful.

Natalie and Adam paused for a moment then burst into a fit of laughter. He winced with each laugh. He was still in no condition to laugh.

“Can I have some water?”

“Sure! Just give me a minute.”

Natalie filled some cold water into a glass, she picked up a straw from the table next to the bed and held it to his mouth and he slowly drank some water.

A while later Adam said he needed to rest and advised Natalie to do the same. Natalie would have been more than happy to do so but she had a Russian mobster to arrest.

A t the precinct a plan was made to carry out a raid at Vladimir's hideout at exactly 11:00am. The according the NYPD's sources was when he used to arrive at the facility.

Natalie thought for hours and hours but what she couldn't understand was why would two people wanted by the police and other international agencies work together? Why would a mobster have a serial killer on his payroll?

Leanne's phone rang. It was Adam.

“Hey! How are you doing now?” asked Leanne in a concerned voice.