Chapter 20: And did you just call yourself 'daddy'?

"This tastes better than it smells and looks." Beetlejuice's mother replied as she began to dig into her food, eating silently with a cigarette in her other hand. I stayed silent and smiled softly at her comment then continued to eat, shooting glares towards Beetlejuice every once in a while and he rose a brow as I did it each time. Like he was confused as to why I was mad at him..

Once I finished my plate, I stood up and took it, soon taking Beetlejuice's even though he was still eating and threw his food away. "Oh, were you still eating? Sorry about that... there should be some food in the dumpster out back, because I know trash is what you're used to eating." I snapped and growled softly and his eyes widened a little bit. He so badly wanted to yell, I could tell but he held himself back. He then told his mother that we had a plan to go out tonight and she left the house. Beetlejuice walked her out then closed the door, soon looking to me. "What the hell?! What did I do to you?!" He exclaimed with a yell and stomped towards me.

"Really?! How can you be so oblivious?! Your mother was criticizing and making fun of me the entire time! And you just stood there and let her talk to me like that, you didn't even defend me! Your own fiancé! And you've lied to me for 5 months now! About your name and your mom, do you even know how that makes me feel? It's like I'm not important enough to know this stuff about you..." I frowned feeling tears well up in my eyes but I quickly shook them away and washed the dishes from dinner, sniffling and every once in a while.

"Y/N, baby..." His voice was soft now and he frowned, placing his hands on my hips and held me close to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell.. it's just you make daddy so angry sometimes... but I understand why you're upset and I'm really sorry... I didn't know this would all upset you the way it did.. I just, my mother is the worst.. she's a demon- I already said that but still... she ruined my life once and she's gonna do it again... and my first name, it's so stupid and dorky... it's not manly or strong at all..- but baby girl, I've never stood up to my mom before.. and it's scary because she is absolutely horrifying.. god this is getting depressing, but my dad was always there for me as a kid but then he left when I was 12 and my mom constantly blamed me for his leaving... she still does and that's still why she's so harsh on me.. and why I'm so harsh to everyone else... but princess, I'm so sorry..." Beetlejuice whispered into my ear and kissed the edges of it, pulling me closer to his chest as he nuzzled his nose into the crevice of my neck.

Poor guy~ we really are so similar in more ways than I thought... I turned around and cupped his cheeks, running my thumbs across his stubbly cheeks with a soft smile. "I forgive you, Lawrence, it's okay~ I understand you're reasoning, but you're a grown man.. you have a house, a job, a fiancé.. your mom can't control you or criticize you anymore.. you have to stick up for yourself like you always tell me to do, okay?" I asked as I leaned up and pecked his lips with a soft grin.

"Yeah, okay~"

"And did you just call yourself 'daddy'?"

"When?- wait no... no I didn't... sorry."

"I liked it~" I kissed his cheek then slid out of his arms and continued to clean the kitchen up.

(Sorry for the short chapter❤️
But oh my god, thanks so much for 2k reads guys! You guys are the best!!😁 and Alex Brightman noticed me again today! Please vote, and comment your ideas and criticism! Thanks so much!)