Shells

The beach was a little warmer today than usual which meant the sun was out and that was good. They didn't have many more scenes to shoot. They needed a couple more night ones but other than that they were golden. I was reading a book, sitting in a chair just up the beach form where they shooting. I was trying to remain focused on my book but I could tell that the boys were all looking at me, except Harry. He was staring at the ground, kicking at the sand. I had noticed how he always seemed to keep his eyes on the ground in his free time. I think he was just looking at the shells.

"So how are you today?" Jackson asked standing next to me. I shrugged, sighing a bit as I did. "Oh no, that doesn't sound good." He joked lightly.

"I'm just tired." I murmured. Jackson got a good look at me then.

"Oh wow yeah there are literal bags under your eyes." That made me laugh. Jackson smiled and despite the fact that we've only known each other for all of three days, turning four, he seemed concerned. "Everything okay? You didn't sleep much last night I'm guessing." He said stopping down and grabbing a white smooth rock from the ground and tossing it to the side.

"I get nightmares sometimes so no I didn't sleep last night." Sometimes? Try all the time. I didn't want to tell him that though. It was a miracle I even told the boys. I looked at them now as they pranced around the beach for their shoot. It made me smile.

"I have tea. Do you think that would help?" He questioned. I've tried tea before. All it did was warm my stomach.

"Sure. Tea sounds great!" I replied as happily as I could. Jackson smiled and went to go grab me a mug but as soon as he left, my smile dropped.

When Jackson returned with the tea I smiled and took a couple of sips. We chatted for a little bit after that but my heart wasn't in it and he must have sensed that so he left me alone. I could hear the boys laughing down the beach and the distinct chuckle of Harry. It was weird how I could pick out his exact tone underneath Niall's roar of a laugh and those three girls as well with their higher pitched voices. I clearly love him more than I should.

Sighing, I grabbed my book from my bag on the ground and peeled it open. I hadn't touched the damn thing since I put it in my bag that first day we came down here. Seemed kind of redundant to pack it. I guess I figured I might have some downtime, I mean the boys weren't down here for me they were down here for them, so they could become famous and get their music out there. This was the downtime I was expecting. I hoped I wouldn't finish the book before lunch I didn't know how long we would be here.

"I.. I have something for you." Harry stuttered out. I knew it was him but I couldn't understand why he was stuttering and mumbling. Glancing up and closing my book, I planted both feet on the sand, staring at him curiously. Harry had his hands behind his back like he was hiding something.

"Okay, what is it?" I question. Niall's loud laughter rings down the beach. We both glance over at him and Harry looks so nervous as he stands there I wonder what's wrong. He steps closer and brings his hand out and around. He grabs my hand and places something in it. I don't see what it is until he moves his hand. It's a tiny shell, a tiny conch shell like the one Aaron broke when he stormed out on me. "How did you.." I murmur bringing it closer to my eyes to examine it.

"Liam told me, back in February that you wee looking for one. I didn't know why and he didn't know why either but I've been showering every beach I've gone to just to find one and.." I stopped him thee, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"You combed beaches looking for this?" I question. Holding it between my thumb and pointer finger. "You don't even know what it means to me? Or why you were looking for it." It almost sounded like I was scolding him. Harry blushed, shrugging.