➪✮【𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚】♛

matching day

john woke up around about 8:30 on the day, riddled with excitement but also with a splash of fear. not fear of being matched, but more of actually introducing himself to his soulmate. he had never been a particularly confident or loud individual, and he would much rather stay home with his current friends than go out and meet new ones. he was an incredibly anxious lad and he was thankful that freddie, brian or roger never forced him to go out to their infamous parties on the weekends or speak up during press interviews. the only time he ever really spoke to interviewers was when he was asked a question directly, but other than that, he stayed quiet, just sat in his chair watching as his bandmates answered most of the press.

everyone had to be at the matching centre at 10am (despite everyone agreeing that this was much too early) so soulmates could spend the rest of the day together. that's what was expected anyways. considering it was nearing 9 am due to john laying in bed alone with his thoughts for half hour, and he had a slight panic as he realised they only had an hour to get dressed, eat and get to the matching centre, which was a good 20 minute drive. they had originally planned to walk, but they thought it would be better to get a taxi considering they were all lazy shits at heart.

the bassist hopped out of bed with so much excitement that he almost stumbled over his own feet, but he managed to catch himself just in time. he practically ran out of his room and barged into roger's room, waking up by shaking him dramatically by the shoulders. after the blonde had sat up in bed, finally awake, john did the same with brian despite having an earful of insults from the drummer. brian didn't really care that much, he just sat up and wished john a good morning. john then creeped into freddie's room and did the same, shaking him until he opened his eyes.

"jesus christ darling, excited are we?" freddie spoke, his hoarse morning voice making john swoon. the bassist just nodded his head rapidly, then rushing out of the older boys room, making his way to the kitchen. he prepared some simple ham and cucumber sandwiches for roger and freddie and a cheese salad sandwich for brian, due to him being a raging vegetarian. he called each boys names loudly, and as each one of them entered the kitchen, john shoved their respective sandwiches into their hands and told them all to 'shove these down your throats and get dressed- we're gonna be late'.

john himself then went to get changed into his best clothes, wanting to make a good and lasting impression on his soulmate. even if it did turn out to be freddie, who had seen him at his worst, he didn't care. he wanted to look good, even if that meant adding a teeny bit of eyeshadow and pink lip balm. he knew freddie would have eyeliner, lippy and perhaps some mascara anyways, so what was the harm?

after john rushing around the apartment, panicking because it was now nearly 9:30, freddie taking his sweet time with his makeup and choice of outfit, roger eating almost everything in the fridge and then downing a bottle of pepsi and brian scalding roger for eating all their food, the four friends left, making their way to the matching centre.

even though they were all pretty calm on the outside, they would be lying if they said they were all calm and collected on the inside. roger was secretly stressing himself out; what if his soulmate didn't like him? didn't like the way he dressed or looked, or the way he blurted out overly sexual innuendos daily. brian was sweating too; what if his soulmate didn't like him because he was a vegetarian? it sounded ridiculous, but it was something brian was immensely worried about.

freddie was more hopeful than anything. hopeful that his soulmate was the younger bassist who was currently strolling next to him. and if it wasn't john, then he hoped his soulmate would accept him for who he is; that they didn't judge him for wearing occasional makeup and his outrageous stage gear. and his biggest worry was that they wouldn't like him because of his appearance, especially his humongous teeth. he knew he was rather exotic looking, and he actually liked that about himself. but if his teeth fucked this up for him, he'd never be able to stop crying. on the inside, freddie was incredibly shy.