Reality Bites (Jerry)

Chapter Summary:  When another Zombie starts causing trouble they are forced to track him down and eliminate him before his actions expose the existence of zombies to the community, and to the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheila snarled, fending off her oncoming attacker as Joel readied his hatchet to deal the killing blow. "I don't care what you think is wrong, I'm hungry so I'm going to eat my dinner!" snarled the zombie who appeared to be wearing a plumbers uniform with a patch that appeared to read the name "Jerry" under all of his victim's bloodstains.

"Well your meal was an innocent man, what had he ever done to you?" yelled Sheila.

"He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, or the right time for me I guess." chuckled Jerry with a smirk.

"You're a monster, he was just a high school teacher and he never hurt anyone!" cried Abby, as Eric held her back and she buries her face into his shoulder to avoid looking at the grisly sight.

"Abby stay back, this man is beyond convincing!" shouted Joel.

"Am I little girl? What about her?" Jerry laughed, gesturing to Sheila.

"Leave my wife and daughter out of this!" yelled Joel.

" Why, she eats people just like me," smirked Jerry.

"I only eat criminals not innocent people!" scoffed Sheila

"It's still eating people, no matter who they are. People are people, so what's the difference if it's a serial killer, a bank robber, or even your own daughter?" said Jerry with a grin, showing his blood-stained teeth.

"You'll never touch Abby! Not while I'm alive!" shouted Eric clutching Abby closer and Abby looks up in shock at Eric's statement.

"That can be fixed, I am still hungry and that guy tasted like coffee, tobacco, and sadness so I'd be up for sampling someone else," said Jerry with a laugh.

"No!" Abby gasps, hugging Eric tightly and burying her face into Eric's chest looking for the comforting sound of Eric's heartbeat.

How dare you! You will not touch Eric or my daughter, ever!" snarled Sheila, preparing to strike.

"That's it, you're going down! No one threatens my family!" shouted Joel, brandishing his hatchet.

"You view me as part of your family?" stutters Eric.

"Of course kid, you're like the son I never had-" says Joel emotionally

"Plus Abby seems to like you, so you must be something special." says Sheila in a peppy manner before going back to her fighting stance.

"Aww, how sweet, I think I'm going to be sick," says Jerry mockingly.

"Shut up man, not cool, we were having a family moment," says Joel with hurt in his voice.

Without warning, Sheila charges Jerry and the two go rolling until the much larger Jerry tosses Sheila several feet away, where she lays stunned.

"Sheila!" cried Joel

"Mom!" cried Abby

"Abby stay back!" shouts Joel as he charges Jerry.

Joel manages to hit Jerry with a hatchet blow, but then the hatchet becomes stuck in Jerry's chest.

"Damn it!" shouts Joel.

"What a shame" states Jerry before grabbing the hatchet handle and pulling Joel's hands off the handle before grabbing him and tossing him several feet as well, knocking Joel unconscious, before wrenching the hatchet out of his chest.

"Dad, no!" cried a struggling Abby trying to escape Eric's embrace.

"Now it's your turn girly," says Jerry calmly as he stalks towards Abby and Eric.

"You're not touching her!" shouts Eric angrily standing in front of Abby, making sure to keep himself between Jerry and Abby.

Jerry stalks towards the pair when Eric turns toward Abby and whispers. "Listen Abby, you need to run, I'll distract him. Get to the car, you'll be safer there."

"No, I'm not leaving you here, you'll be killed. This isn't like you!" cries Abby through her tears.

"People do crazy things when they're in love," says Eric trying to hold back the tears.

"How sweet, now, moment's over, it's dinner time!" laughs Jerry manically.

"Abby, you need to leave now!" cries Eric beginning to panic for Abby's safety.

"I'm not leaving you! You'll be killed!" cries Abby hysterically.

"Listen to me Abby, no matter what happens to me, you have to get out of here. Someone has to make sure this man gets caught and to make sure no one finds out about your mother and father's roles in it all. I love you, Abby." Eric says full of emotion.

"Eric don't do this!" Abby cries, "I-". Eric cuts Abby off with a kiss.

"Go Abby, please!" pleads Eric as a stunned Abby listens. Abby kisses Eric back before sprinting towards the car.

"Come back here little girl!" shouts Jerry as he sprints towards the fleeing Abby, but before he can pass Eric, Eric whips out a concealed kitchen knife that was strapped to his leg, and side tackles the larger man, taking Jerry by surprise and sending them both rolling.

"I don't think so! Not on my watch!" shouts Eric during the struggle.

"You prepared to die for her boy?" mocks Jerry.

"If that's what it takes!" shouts Eric as he stabs the knife into Jerry's neck. Abby watches this from the car and turns on the ignition.

Jerry twists around pinning Eric into a bear hug, Eric still clutching the knife embedded in Jerry's neck. "You prepared to watch him die girl?" shouts Jerry to a terrified Abby.

"Don't do it Abby! Don't fall for it, just drive and don't look back!" gasps Eric as Jerry begins to crush his chest, making it hard to breathe.

"Suit yourself," says Jerry casually as he sinks his teeth into Eric's shoulder, right at the base of his neck.