Prologue:Previously on The One

A/N: Netflix banner thing by the awesome @Inhumansx ! Now let's begin this drama!

________________________________

Addictive Lies

The One Series

Prologue:Previously on The One

In 2004, four teenagers from Boston formed the pop group, UTurn. They consisted of Alyson Bauer, Bailey Richardson, Justin Harrison, and Andrew Hawthorne. They auditioned for the regional singing televised competition, New England's Teen Superstar; and from there, it was history.

Yet the four teens didn't have it easy. From Justin being put on parole for vandalism; to Andrew and Alyson being exposed to their fans as high school bullies; to even Libby outing Andrew as bisexual. They also fought Marcel to gain control over their content. In the end, they got signed onto an independent record label, PopTown Records, and gained a new member, Stacie Morales.

At the same time, the school's rock band, The Pushers, struggled to keep going as they also got signed onto a small indie label. The band's founder, Derrick Armstrong, drove the band into an unexpected end due to his rants regarding mainstream society. Another former member, Amanda Hillel, had been secretly supporting UTurn.

As soon as UTurn got signed, Marcel added Riley Brown from Worchester, and gave everyone two weeks to find two more people. Thanks to the school's top slacker, Ethan Jackson, scheming, he forced Amanda and Derrick into UTurn. He hoped this would drive a wedge in the band.

At first, it seemed like there was a power struggle between the rockers, Derrick and Amanda, vs the leaders, Alyson and Andrew. Yet the four came together to write a song together, and it ended up as part of a double-A-side single, Break My Heart/Here We Go.

UTurn was soon on a whirlwind of international recording sessions and small, localized tours. This was due to being signed onto a major record label, MainStreet Records. It soon led to the eight-piece to meeting with newly-reformed Connect8's manager, Seth Farland. The end result was UTurn now being signed onto British record label, Telegram Records. Both labels were under the company, Worldwide Music Group. They were now poised to make their eventual launch in all nations.

In the meantime, the band toured in various high schools in the northeastern part of the United States with Libby's girl group, North Coast Girls. Libby attempted to take down the new members of UTurn. There was nothing on Riley. Stacie was exposed for dumping her former bestie, Libby, in favor of Alyson back in sixth grade. Derrick's grades were beginning to suffer due to struggling with both school and the band.

Yet no one had it worse than Amanda. Her past with her old hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania had come back to hit her in her face. Prior to moving to Boston, she got with the wrong crowd filled with drugs and partying. It led to her being sent to juvenile detention after stealing a car, attempting to escape her first boyfriend who had abused her. She was then transferred to Beacon Hill Secondary to repeat the ninth grade, and to live with her aunt.

                                                                                  >>>>>>>>

UTurn started off 2006 with getting ready for their massive British and European launch. It all coincided with them opening for Connect8's comeback tour. It was Alyson's dream come true to meet her favorite band in the world. Yet it was tarnished the moment Diana Heath made it clear that she disliked the UTurn.

At the same time, Amanda and Alex Tredinnick finally began dating after months of Amanda reluctantly having feelings for the male lead singer and dancer. Alex, on the other hand, revealed to Andrew that he had been struggling with his sexuality. Andrew agrees to help him, but ends up falling for Alex.

Derrick couldn't help but feel jealous towards Amanda and Alex. He and Diana read Alex's journal entries, which made Derrick want to "save" Amanda. Instead, he got confronted by both Amanda and Andrew. He eventually returned to America, only to be forced to transfer to a public school in East Boston to repeat the twelfth grade.

Andrew finally tells Alyson the truth about him and Alex. Alyson tried to stay calm and cool about it. Yet she put her foot down, telling Andrew that he'll need her permission to see other people. At the same time, Derrick was beginning to question his own sexuality.

As summer of 2006 goes into full swing, UTurn quickly get their first breakthrough international hit, Coming Back to You. Yet they might be facing another group of people, they're neither British revived hit Connect8, nor Mexico's global phenomenon RBD.