Chapter1: Changing Image

The One In Identity Crisis

ChapterOne-Changing Image 

July 31st, 2006

 It's now late July. UTurn has wrapped up their promotions for their debut album, UTurn. Their debut sold well, peaking at 25 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums. In Canada, they peak at 14. 

 Now they're back in Boston, and are in a meeting with Maurice and their marketing team. Maurice started, "I've received word you've gotten your demos and lyrics for your second album. You've heard the demos, and you can tell the sound has become less European. Are any of you okay with this?"

 Alyson replied, "Yeah, we're okay with this. I mean, our first album was heavy in dance-pop. We were basically aiming to be the new American S Club 8. But for our second album, we agreed to tone down our music by becoming more pop and less club. But we want still be the American S Club 8. So we still want some dance mixed in with pop."

 Maurice whispered to the marketing team. After a few minutes, he faced UTurn, "We'll do as you suggested."

 Alyson gave a satisfied smile. He continued, "You start recording tomorrow for your EP."

 It's now an hour later. UTurn was in their house. They gathered together in the living room to talk.

 Alyson begun, "Okay, since we're all going back to school in about a month. So what should we do?"

 Bailey said, "I really don't care what anyone thinks about me. I'm doing what I love. So I'm not gonna be a part of the Pink Clique anymore."

 Alyson was shocked by this. Everyone else, except Alyson, Stacie, and Ethan, applauded Bailey. She exclaimed, "Bailey! You turning your back on us? I made you!"

 "I joined cuz you practically forced me. And also we're best friends."

 Stacie then said, "The Pink Clique might be headed by Libby by now. You may not be the Queen Bee anymore."

 Alyson said, "Shit, you're right! Stacie, can you help me destroy Libby's position?"

 "Like, totally!"

 Ethan said, "This is all interesting and such, but I want to hear what Andy's got planned."

 Andrew's face grew red as Ethan grew an evil grin. Everyone noticed this, so Alyson said, "Leave Andrew alone! It's none of your business what he does or doesn't do."

 Amanda said, "I agree with Alyson. I'm gonna try to go back to my pre-UTurn life. Hopefully everyone will still treat me the same as if I hadn't join this band."

 Andrew scoffed, "Nothing's the same anymore. Everything's changed since we signed that contract. As Stacie said some time ago, Beacon Hill High is all about looks, brains, and being athletic, not being famous. And we're not even that famous."

 Justin said, "I have to agree. And besides, we can't rejoin those sports teams. We can't even join the performing artists in the school. We have an album to record."

 Riley said sourly, "I guess I have it much easier cuz I'll be dying from boredom."

 Bailey suggested, "Riley, why don't you apply to college? At least you can major in degree you might do if you decide that being a popstar isn't what you want anymore."

 "I don't know."

 Justin asked, "How about having a side job?"

 "I already have a job: I'm a pop singer."

 Bailey asked, "So what are you going to be doing while the rest of us are in school?"

 "I don't know yet. I'll come up with something."

 It's now evening. Andrew and Alyson were out on date. It's their first date since they (along with Justin and Bailey) started to perform on the live shows of New England's Teen Superstars (NETS has wrapped up season 2 a few months earlier. The show's producers allowed 8-piece-or-less groups on the due to UTurn changing the lineup from 4-piece to 8-piece.)

 Andyson (Andrew/Alyson) were sitting at a table in a posh bistro. She asked, "How long has it been since we were on a date?"

 Andrew said, "Too long. But I'm glad we got some time to go on a date.

 "Now that's just us and no other member, what do you plan on doing when we arrive back at our school?"

 Andrew said nervously, "Um, I've thought about going back to my bullying ways."

 "Andrew!"

 "It's not what you think! I'm worried about my status in the school. I can't rejoin the basketball team. My training in the performing arts has been revealed. All I have are my looks, my brains, and the fact my parents are lawyers. I'm scared of being bullied. So I need to instill fear in the students."

 "I know what you mean. I'm scared of my position as Queen Bee being taken by Libby. I can't rejoin the cheerleading squad. I just have my looks, and parents are professors at Harvard. I pretty much have an average brain, so I'm not a genius. But as long as we have each other, we'll kick everyone's asses! Besides, we'll have a bodyguard on standby just in case something happens."

 Andrew smiled, and held Alyson's hands. Alyson kissed him on his lips.

 Alyson said, "I love you, Andrew."

 Andrew said, "I love you, too, Alyson."

 They shared another kiss.

      ___________________________________________________________________________   

THIS IS UTURN AS OF 2006 IN THE PIC>>>