M̷O̷O̷N̷W̷A̷L̷K̷

Planet: ASTRONCentral AdministrationOf Luxor GalaxyHome Of The Rogue Race

Planet: ASTRON
Central Administration
Of Luxor Galaxy
Home Of The Rogue Race

The MAR-VELL headquarters for the Astron military is quiet and dark, only illuminated by some lights of low intensity in the corridors.

The day in Astron has yet to begun. Most citizens are resting, including the soldiers in their dorms.

Some are ahead, waking up earlier than star rise to get ready for the day. Bath, get dress, take care of hygiene, you name it, the usual morning routine.

Or, not having the will and patience to fight for breakfast, filling their body with consumable substances for energy.

One of the recruits is Hendery, a young lieutenant of STARFORCE. It is a habit of his to get up early, giving him an advantage of getting the first batch of fresh breakfast.

His eyelids slowly open to reveal his sleepy gaze on the metal plane above him, which holds the top bunk.

After rubbing his eyes to get the sleepy itch away, he brings his legs to the edge of his bed.

Even if he is an early riser, that does not mean that he is immediately active. He places his palms on his face, covering them to absorb the warmth.

As he started to feel sleepy again, he gets a firm push on his right shoulder. That almost sent him face first onto the floor, if it wasn't for his quick reflex to grab the bed's support.

"W-WHA-"

"SHH!"

Turns out the culprit is his roommate, Yangyang, also a lieutenant. He joined MAR-VELL at the same time as Hendery, only younger by a year.

The boy was amazingly intelligent at one of the elite education centre in Astron, Vulcan Engineering Institution. He wanted to be an aircraft engineer, serving the Astron military hence was sent to MAR-VELL institute immediately after graduating.

He became a STARFORCE soldier with Hendery, fighting to keep Astron safe from outer danger.

Being Hendery's personal clown is a bonus.

"Why would you do THAT?!" the older whispered with a scolding undertone.

"Nah. I thought you were gonna drift back to dreamland but..." Yangyang chuckled.

"Apparently not. Hurry up. We're about to miss the first serving of freshly cooked flaming-bear eggs,"

Hendery pauses, looking at the boy as if he is on crack.

"What? It's pink and glittery. Not to mention, very scrumptious,"

"Yangyang NO-"

"Yangyang YES-"

"Bitch, I'm vegetarian-"

Their hushed bickering was joined by another noise. A noise of a whirlpool forming on a river, like the wind before a storm.