8

"So, what'll it be?" Beau smirks, scanning through his shelf of DVD's

"So, what'll it be?" Beau smirks, scanning through his shelf of DVD's. He rakes through the ones he knows I like. "How 'bout Clueless? You like that one." He can tell I'm down, he can always tell when I'm down. I'm lead on his bed facing him, smelling his sheets. My cheeks feel rosey and I can't help but feel awful that I didn't just cancel movie night.
     I lift my head up a little. "Sure."
     Beau's eyes frown and he droops his body, bending down and getting to my level. "Everything okay?" I wish everything was okay.
     My head bends. I ignore his question and sink my hands into his chestnut hair. He looks so lush. "Let's watch something you wanna watch tonight."
I melt right into him like a lollipop when he nods softly and stands up. He goes back to his shelf and chuckles like a mad man when he picks out Die Hard. "He he he..." He opens up the case and slots the disc into the player. He then grabs at the remote and jumps on the bed, nuzzling into me on his stomach. When the movie begins to play, he dices his eyes at me like something's on his mind. I so badly want to ask him what's wrong, but I can't bring myself to do it – because I'm worried that it might be exactly what I think it is: that I hardly put in effort anymore and he's worried we're going to end up like those couples who give up too easy and then that'll be it, the end of a good thing. And if any of my guesses are right, me and Beau are screwed.
     I try to lighten the mood by saying, half way through the movie, "that Powell guy's pretty hot." I smile and give him a cheeky glance.
He tilts his head back and shows his teeth, laughing like a crazed monkey. "Oh, you like brown sugar now, huh?" He gets one of his pillows and chucks it at me.
I put my hands up and go into a giggling fit. "Oh my God! Shut up!"
     He's now play-wrestling me on the bed and we're both dying of laughter.
     "Stop!" I profess perkily as he's on top of me, tickling me like we're a pair of animals. I dread to think what Beau's parents are wondering downstairs right now.
     And we go quiet suddenly, and Beau's kissing me. It only lasts a second but it feels like a lifetime. He licks his lips and cocks his jaw, hoisting himself off me. He goes back to his movie like nothing's happened. That boy's so odd.
I check my phone. I have a message from Unknown.

 I have a message from Unknown

Shit, it's Mackenzie. I quickly type back:

 I quickly type back: