A Moment Apart

"Hey! Hey! I got a video idea!" Eugene quickly ran to Ned, Keith and Zach who were very surprised bout the excitement that he was about to give. "Okay hear me out losers, what if we spent 1 month separated but in pairs!" Keith looked at Eugene's stance as he tries to examine his excitement. For once they never saw this energy from Eugene unless he is drunk or something really genuinely fun happened for him.

"Okay? But what's the point of it all? Are we just gonna go on vacation with our partner of our choosing? Like no offense what's getting you so excited about this?" Eugene thought that Ned would go ask him these type of questions but his smile never faded as he was about to explain his reasons why. "Look, I know I might seemed to be a bit stubborn and cold hearted but listen, I had a one on one talk with someone and I'm honest to god that I opened up to that person last night and realized that this idea would help me benefit from something that I've always wanted to know." He stopped for a while and looked at them straight to their eyes "I want to know how much you guys mean to me" The three of them got a bit confused by that statement but if this is the way Eugene wanna explore his emotions more then so be it.

As Ned discussed their plans for this idea he decided that Eugene and Zach should pick which the two of the other try guys they would pick but to avoid bias Ned put His and Keith's name on a tiny paper and shuffled it into his palms. Eugene and Zach both picked the papers and was happy with the result. Eugene got Keith and Zach got Ned.

"So Keith any places you wanna visit?" "I don't know, do you have any suggestions?" Keith grabbed his phone trying to find a place for them to go for a vacation. In all honesty Keith doesn't feel comfy about Eugene's idea, First of all, He means a lot to him and yet he is still not sure if he treats him or the two other guys the same thing. It kinda hurt Keith a bit, probably just his sensitive side is kicking on again but still.

"I have an idea, why don't we stay in your hometown?" Keith suggested to Eugene who's currently looking for places on his phone "Sounds great! I promise we won't gonna get shitfaced there" "You promise?" Keith jokingly looked at Eugene with his 'Puppy eyes' "oh god stop that, its annoying" "oh you're gonna see more of this 'Gene!" Keith exclaimed.

As the two pairs already planned their one month getaway, Keith decided to stay at Eugene's for 3 days before going to Texas. Eugene was fixing his stuff on his room when Keith decided to go check up on him, he couldn't help wonder why he wanna figure his emotions out with this method when the three of them could prove him something that will make his emotions clear but it's not even his own emotions, "whatever floats his boat" Keith whispered to himself.

"Hey uhmm Eugene?" "Yeah?" "Why... Are you trying to figure this out right now?.." Eugene suddenly stopped himself from what he was doing, he slowly stood up and faced Keith with a sigh that was unsure of how is he going to start explaining things to Keith.

"Honestly, I feel like if I ever decided to leave the group...I feel like...I wouldn't care at all, But Im scared for that to happen.." "wait let me stop you, you're planning to leave us?" Keith's voice cracked a bit. "No no no but what happens if I do? I dont want to leave you guys like I only cared for myself no.. I want to make my emotions right, Im too tired to be known as the lesser one when it comes to emotions and such, I want to change Keith." Eugene suddenly sat down on the side of his bed and He followed along.

"You know.... When you told us that you wanna figure out on how much our group means a lot to you...I was kinda hurt" Keith turned his head down, Eugene became quite confused, his reason wasn't really intended to hurt the guys nor Keith instead he wants to value them as his true friends he just wants to figure this out genuinely.

"You guys are my friends, but you know how much of a mess I can be? Im not good at handling my emotions and I want to be genuine about... myself and to my emotions as well.." He stopped for a while when he realized that Keith was holding his hand, he blushed a bit and decided to continue his reasons. "The reason why I planned this getaway because I wanna know how much it'll hurt me if I dont see your faces like for a month.. heh... Sorry if it sounded so trashy.."

Without any warning Keith quickly cupped Eugene's face, all of the sudden Eugene felt a pair of lips onto his' He was a bit frightened but slowly give into the kiss. They suddenly stopped to get some air, the kiss was brilliant even for Eugene himself. "W-why did yo-" "Im so sorry, but Im not sorry for myself from what I did!" Keith exclaimed, he began shaking and realizing about what he just did. "You... mean a lot to me Eugene... All of us are, and if you think what I did doesn't cleared your emotions up? Then we'll do the getaway together and Im certain that Im gonna help you with that" As Keith was about to stand up, Eugene grabbed his hand and pushed him back towards him and leans for a kiss, Keith on the other hand didn't hesitate to deny his lips, Eugene holds Keith from his waistline as their kisses deepened. He finally realized that not only his emotions cleared up but his unknown tingly emotions for Keith has finally been revealed. They stopped for a while and Eugene rested his forehead onto Keith's forehead, he wanted to say something but too scared to tell the tall man who's been waiting for answers.

"Keith, I.... I think Im in love..." "In love? with who?" Eugene then smiled to Keith "With you" Keith saw sparkles in Eugene's eyes while blushing from the thought that his bestfriend/admiration feels the same way. "You're lying" "Im not lying, Keith.. for once I'd never realized that my feelings for you were this... big and unexpected.. its one of the reasons why that I wished I would partner up with you for this whole thing and Im glad that we ended up as a pair" Keith realizes how happy Eugene's emotions right now, he smiled as he pecked his lips for reassurance "We're not just a pair Eugene, We're together" He hold Eugene's hand tightly, Eugene looked at their hands intertwined and smiled. "Even tho we're a moment apart, I would still feel the same way, I would still love you even at your mess" Keith reassured Eugene once again.

The trip went well and it did helped Eugene cleared his emotions up to the other two try guys, Those three guys that he became friends with at Buzzfeed was the friends that he always asked for and the love from Keith was the only thing that can make him sure that love was real and it really moves in mysterious ways but for him it doesn't matter.