Rivals? Rivals.

"Alright boys, beat him up"

"No please Im begging you, I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Sorry but we dont like chinky eyes kids roaming around our playground"

"Hold it right there!"

"Oh great its the wee ol' baby face who thinks he's good at soccer"

"All of you are not gonna get away from hurting Eugene!"

....

"Are you okay Eugene? Oh crap they got you so bad! Here let me lift you up"

"T-thanks... uhm?"

"Ned, Ned Fulmer nice to meet you"

"Thanks Ned...."

Eugene's POV

"That's where it all started, That's where I met Ned. At the time I never knew someone in our class would be concerned about my entire being." I clenched my fist as I started smirking about the good ol' times of my friendship between Ned and I.

"You guys must be really close friends huh?" Keith asked, "Well before all the chaos happened we were close.."

I don't know why it all went down to this, to the point that we have to prove our own pride to one another. I sighed as I started to see the sunset going down, the school gates are closing we must go home.

Keith and I became friends back in Junior high, ever since Ned changed and I was a total complete mess of being alone, then Keith started approaching me and he and I became friends, we both like each other's company just like how Ned and I are back in the day.

"Eugene?... Eugeneeee?" I was overthinking again, typical me huh? "O-oh sorry was just thinking about something.." I looked down, up until now I'm still bothered about Ned and I's situation, Keith noticed this and just sighed "Hey Eugene, I really need help with homework can you stay for just one night with me?" I suddenly looked up to him and smiled. "Of course that's why I went home with you right?" And with that I spend the whole night with Keith.

My family wasn't really with me physically, I lived on my own for the past 10 years, being with Keith kept my lonely nights ease for a bit so why not stay with a friend for once rather just being a lonely ass rat just staring at the ceiling doing just nothing right?

I heard Keith yawned and we can both feel that we're tired from all of this homework that our school gave us and the fact that these are all due tomorrow makes us really lazy to continue even further.

"Whyyyyyy do we have to do so much stuff!!! I just wanna eat fried chicken man!!! Im hungry as fuck right here!!" Keith whined, "Well do you want me to go and get KFC outside?" I stood up and fixed our stuffs, Keith was just laying down on his bed and flips himself on the other side facing me. "Weelllll I'll come with you! Besides its dark outside, I dont want you to get in trouble!" My eyes quite widened, hearing that phrase 'I dont want you to get in trouble' are one of the things I usually said to Ned whenever bullies tries to come and get me and such. "You really don't have to say that Keith.", "Say what now?" Keith tilted his head like a little pup, he is such a dork sometimes. "Nothing, c'mon let's go!"

We walked towards this KFC near at Keith's neighborhood, as we we're walking, Keith just always comes up with some clever puns as we walk, he's always clever when it comes to puns.

As we got inside and wait in line at the counter, I saw someone at the table looking at me straight into the eyes, and you guessed it... It was Ned.

"Hello Eugene" He said in a very uncomfortable way that makes me want him to punch his face.

"Im not looking for trouble, Ned" I looked at him dead in the eye "Oh I'm not even asking for one either, you see I was just chilling here with one of my bud, I think you remember him Keith". Keith looked at the guy that Ned mentioned. He was wearing a black leather shirt and a green polo underneath.

End of Eugene's POV

"Oh great" Keith whispered. "What do you know? Its the Asian guy and Frankenstein. Quite a duo you got there" Zach went to Ned's side and smirked at Eugene and Keith.

"Hey Eugene, the sports fest is up tomorrow. I heard we're gonna go against each other on tennis. Can't wait to wipe the court with that face of yours" Ned was now trying to make an intense eye contact with Eugene, their faces are bout an inch closer, Ned was threatening him and doesn't give a single fuck about the people that staring at them.

"Ned, I know how bad you wanna defeat me in every way possible but you still ended up losing against me. I hope you're not all talk and no action by tomorrow" And by that Eugene walked out and Keith followed him.

Eugene's POV

I walked faster than Keith, trying to deny the fact that I can't change our friendship any longer.

It's Impossible at this point.

"Eugene wait up!" I stopped, I think I must've walked faster than I should've.

"I'm sorry, Didn't mean to." I turned around and waited up for Keith to catch up, "All good man" and by that we finally walked in sync

"So, what's up with you and Ned now? Looks like you're going to be rivals forever" I stopped for a while, realizing that there's no other way to fix this, I guess he and I are as what you called 'rivals'.

"Yeah, it's for the best."