Chapter Eleven: New Mission

Connor continues trying to wring out my clothing, blowing on them with his breath. I shiver, sitting on top of a non-working radiator in just my black panties and bra.

"You're turning blue!" he groans, running a hand through his dark brown hair. I can't even manage a reply with how much my teeth are chattering. "I'm finding you new clothes. Stay put."

"I-I c-can't g-g-o any-w-where in my u-underwear," I struggle out, smiling at him. He doesn't return my expression, walking out of the room in a huff out to the sanctuary. About ten minutes pass, before he returns with skinny faded blue jeans and a purple sweater sweatshirt.

"W-where-"

He interrupts me, to save time probably. "I found a donations box. Here. North is looking for shoes as well."

I give a nod as thanks, peeling off my undergarments, putting the new items on. I don't enjoy going commando but anything is better than wet clothes. Connor turns back around after having given me privacy to change. North opens the door as Connor is picking my clothes off the floor, not allowing me to stand without proper shoes.

"Found some in your size. Hope these fit, calf wise," she says, handing me brown boots. I slip them on, pulling them over the skinny jeans with ease.

"Thank you, North. If it wasn't for you and Connor, I'd be dead from hypothermia."

She grins, nodding at me, her eyes looking over at Connor. Some unseen communication passes between them and she leaves. Connor walks over to me, standing between my spread out legs as I'm back to sitting on the radiator. I look up at his intense eyes staring back at me.

His lips crash down hungrily mind, deepening the kiss each time he pulls back and returns. I'm pushed onto my back, his body crawling on top of mine, his chilly hand going up under shirt. He groans into my lips when his hand hits my exposed breast. I cry out at the suddenly coldness on my nipple, biting his lower lip.

My free hand goes to the button on his jeans, but his hands quickly stop exploring me, going to where mine are.

"We need to stop."

I groan, sitting up. "Why? It's more romantic having sex before dying in a battle."

He raises an eyebrow and I just shrug, my heart still beating fast. "Ror, this isn't the time nor place to do this."

I cross my arms, pouting. "Well, you started it."

"Well, more things started escalating than when I kissed you on ship."

I'm confused. "Wait, what are you-" I look down, noticing a bulge, the answer dawning on me. I blush, surprised he has one at all, even more shocked at how large it looks through his jeans. I laugh, almost insanely.

"You have a dick. Why?"

He quirks an eyebrow. "They wanted to make us lifelike."

"Even though you aren't made for that purpose?"

He winks at me. "Some androids played dual roles."

I push him away, confusing him. "That's not a good thought, Connor. Think of how many maid androids that were raped."

"Shit. Ror, I didn't even think of it like that."

I shrug, standing up. "Well, Markus has changed that for everyone, hasn't he? Let's go out there." We go out to the remaining androids, which isn't much. Connor grabs my hand, stopping me from walking on.

"I'm going to talk to her over there," Connor says, pointing to a short haired woman and little girl. "She was the two androids we chased after, Hank and I."

I nod, giving him some privacy by walking over to Markus. When he sees me, his mouth forms into a smile.

"What's the plan now, boss," I ask, my hands going into my pocket from the cold.

"Unsure. It's basically attack or peaceful protest."

"Yeah, the last protest went amazing," I mutter sarcastically to him.

"I know, but the public matters. If we use violence against them, we are just robots malfunctioning. They have to see us as humans."

"Let's all just cut ourselves open, so they can see you bleed blue and I bleed red."

"That's actually a good idea, Aurora."

"I'm joking." I am not slicing myself open. I'm already decently anemic from my last attack.

"No, I mean we need them to sympathize and show that we are all human. If they kill you, it'll be red blood on their hands. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that."

"It's peaceful protest, isn't it?" I ask, already knowing the answer."

"You're rA9, you tell me."

I groan. I didn't get sudden wisdom from her. I'm not an android that can grab another android and suddenly know their life's story. "My mother barely let me kill a spider. I'd like to think she'd want it peaceful. Guess we will die trying today."

"That's the spirit!" he says with fake enthusiasm, clapping me on the back. Connor rejoins us, an unreadable expression on his face.

"How'd it go?"

He nods but doesn't look happy. "I think she understands that I wasn't a deviant yet but she sure doesn't trust me." I pat his shoulder in sympathy. The deviant hunter is now a deviant. That'll be an adjustment for everyone.

Connor just realizes Markus is there, it seems, as he cowers in on himself. "It's my fault the humans were able to locate Jericho. I was stupid. I should've guessed they were just using me. I'm sorry, Markus. I can understand if you decide not to trust me." He looks down in complete shame. I want to hug him but I know Markus needs to decide. It's not my place.

"You're one of us, now. Your place is with your people." They give each other an understanding smile, saying more than words can. Markus goes to walk away but Connor stops him again.

"There are thousands of androids at the CyberLife assembly plant. If we could wake them up, they might join us and shift the balance of power."

Markus starts back towards him. "You wanna infiltrate the CyberLife Tower? Connor, that's suicide."

"Connor, no." I take a step in his direction also. Is he stupid?

He looks between us, his eyes resting on Markus, probably unable to look at me as I'm very pissed off, internally and externally. "They trust me, they'll let me in. If anyone has a chance of infiltrating CyberLife, it's me."

"If you go there, they will kill you," Markus says, staring him down.

"There's a high probability, but statistically speaking, there's always a chance for unlikely events to take place."

"What's likely to happen if you do return is that I'm going to beat the probability out of you." Markus places a hand on me, silencing anymore threats.

"Be careful," he tells Connor, placing a hand on his shoulder before walking away. Then, it's just me and the stupid detective android.

"Aurora-"

I raise my hand to stop him. "Stop. Seriously, just stop. You just need to be successful, at any cost. You will come back to me, and you'll bring tons of androids, and we will win this."

He nods, pulling me close against him. "I'll come back."

"There's always a chance for unlikely events to take place, Connor," I tell him, fighting against tears starting to bubble to the surface. He wipes at one traitor droplet with his thumb.

"I need to go."

"Go."

He presses a kiss to my lips, not a passionate one but one that may end up being a farewell. After, he leaves, not sparing a backwards glance as he's set his own mission this time, and he will be accomplishing it.