39

I walked through the hospital halls with a smile on my face. Today was the day that Vic was finally allowed to be discharged and I was so excited. I had so much to tell him and show him which made me kind of nervous. I had no idea how he would react to the changes I've made but I was hoping he'd be as happy and excited as I was.

I went into his room and saw him leaning against the bed. I had to stop for a second to just admire him. He was only in his jeans and shoes. With him in here recovering I had a severe case of lack-of-Vic. I was now more eager than ever to get him home.

"Hey," he said.

I cleared my throat and pretended I wasn't just staring at him.

"I've been so anxious to get you out of here and when I show up you aren't even ready," I said with a chuckle.

"I can't move around too quickly yet. Give me a break," he said.

"Well, you better get your strength up soon. I don't wanna have to do all the work in bed," I told him.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed his white shirt from the bed. I went over to him and pushed his hands down to stop him from putting it on. He sighed and tilted his head to the side but I just smiled innocently before kissing him. It was so strange kissing him now. It felt so different, but in a good way.

I stopped and looked down at his stomach. He was covered in bandages. I lightly trailed my fingers around the edge of them "How are you feeling today?" I asked.

"Better than the past few days. Good enough to get out of here," he said.

"Are you sure? You can stay another night if you need to," I said.

Even just looking at the bandages made me cringe. I still felt guilty about everything that's happened. I was trying really hard to put it behind me though, but the scars Vic would have would remind me forever. Vic brought his fingers to my chin and made me look up at him.

"I thought you were anxious to take me home," he said.

"I am, but only if you're okay," I said.

"I'm okay. Trust me," he said.

I gave a small smile before he kissed me gently. When he pulled back, I stepped away to let him put his shirt on.

"Have you sighed all the discharge papers?" I asked.

"All done. I'm free to go," he said.

He went to pick up his bag from the bed, but I beat him to it, grabbing it first.

"I'm not useless, ya know," he said, poking my side.

"I know," I said with a smile, "Let's go."

I took his hand and we left that damn hospital. I'd be happy if we never ever visited it again. With me being clean, I was sure we wouldn't have to. I took Vic outside and to the parking lot where my car was. Yes, my car. My sports car. It was a new one. Bright purple, too.

"Did you buy a car?" he asked when I unlocked it.

"Yep. I figured I can't rely on Tony and you to drive me around all the time," I said.

"Wait...you're driving us home?" he asked with a sense of dread in his voice. "Yeah? What's the problem with that?" I asked.

"You're a terrible driver," he said quickly, "Give me the keys."

"One, don't be a dick. Two, you're still on heavy drugs so you're not allowed to drive, and three, I'm taking you somewhere and it's a surprise," I said.

"Really? Where?" he asked.

"Sweetie, do you know the definition of a surprise? Just get in the car," I said.