Chapter 13

“You did what?” My mother yelled, from the door, quickly making her way towards us. “Do you mind repeating what you did Justin?” She said, once she was close enough to us.

 “I…Mrs. Gomez…I didn’t…” I could see Justin was nervous as hell, and all he could possibly do was stutter. Even after what he admitted on doing to me, I couldn’t help but feel bad for him in that moment. My mom was seriously giving him one for her famous death glares that could scare you enough to make you pee your pants.

 “Mom…” I tried to calm her down, but she was already angry at her highest level, so nothing could’ve actually calmed her. I guess no mother wants to hear that her daughter was being cheated on.

 “Selena stay quiet. I asked Justin a question.” She said, keeping her look focused on Justin to catch any kind of emotion that could escape from his face; like fear for example.

 “Mrs. Gomez…” Justin couldn’t even face my mom; he just kept looking down, with his cheeks all red probably from embarrassment.

 “Mom I think you should stay out of this.” I said as I grabbed her arm peacefully and tried to drag her out of the room, but she stopped me roughly.

 “Are you going to answer me or not? Did you cheat on my daughter?” She asked again, the volume of her voice increasing more and more each second.

 “Even if he did…” I tried to say something, but once again she didn’t let me.

 “Selena shut up. Justin?” She was still looking at him, even though he never dared to quite look up and face her.

 “Yes…” He muttered under his breath, but that answer was obviously not enough for my mother, who was impatiently expecting something longer.

 “Yes what?” She asked again, surprisingly more softly this time.

 Apparently the softness in her voice gave Justin enough courage to finally speak up.

“I cheated on Selena. But it was a mistake and I regret it, but unfortunately I can’t undo it.” He said after finally looking at my mother.

“Well we all know mistakes can’t be undone, but they can be repeated.” She said and I just kept looking at Justin, feeling really bad because of that entire situation.

Well, Justin was embarrassed of what he had done, and I was simply embarrassed because of the weirdness of that conversation. I mean, come on! My mother was saying all that stuff; that just felt awkward to me.

“I will never repeat it, I swear.” He replied quickly, seriousness within his voice was quite obvious to me, but sadly not to my mother.

“Is my daughter not enough for you or what? Did you need to go with some slut and hurt her feelings?” She asked, making both of us feel embarrassed.

“No! She’s all I could ever want. She’s all that any guy would ask for. It was just a moment of…” Justin answered, quickly interrupted by my mother.

“Weakness? Desire? Sex?” She blurted out, her anger making Justin look frightened.

 “Yeah…” He said, while looking down at the ground.

 “GET OUT!” My mother yelled at him, and he finally turned his look towards me, only to make me feel even more uncomfortable.

 “Selena…” He softly said, but my mother interrupted him again.

 “I said get out. What part of it didn’t you understand?” She said, looking ever angrier than the first time.

 “Mom, calm down okay?” I said as I peacefully looked at her angry gaze. She seemed very angry; I had never seen her like that.