I Had To (Thomas Shelby x Reader)

My first request! Hope you enjoy it💓

18 pages
2,967 words

The friendship between you and Thomas has always been close, friendly and sometimes way too much flirting

The friendship between you and Thomas has always been close, friendly and sometimes way too much flirting. But, there had also been endless bickering. You didn't work for him, you worked along with him. So, the two of you were always abound to disagree on many things that involved the business and simple things. When it came to flirting, it was always done in private, when the two of you were ever alone, that's when things heated up. Although you both never confessed any feelings to each other, you both thought that the other thought it was just a game to keep the peace. But even then, the Shelby family had always thought there was something between you two.

It was always the slick, smooth Tommy that had teased you. His passionate blue eyes staring you down from across the room, the tiny smirk that played upon his lips. Sometimes, a hand or two would find its way to touch you, leaving you with goosebumps. This was every time he was near and alone with you. His suit jacket always off, the collar of his white shirts always loose. It drove you crazy to see him like that.

When it was you flirting, or trying to flirt, you always joined him in his office after a long day in the middle of the night. Glasses of whiskey, cigarettes and millions of conversations flowed between you two. You kept him on edge, your dress of your skirts always hiking up your legs higher and higher each time you've spent your occasional nights in his office.

But last night. Oh had last night had been the night, the two of you had moved on from all the flirting and finally got together. Right on his office table, clothed and sweaty. Although that had finally happened, no feelings or words were spoken.

You wanted to so badly admit to him all the things you've felt for him, every time he walked into the room. All the times you watched him when he was angry, or at peace and even happy. He made your heart thump and your stomach flutter. But, it never happened. After the repeated euphoric moments of bliss throughout the night, things didn't end so well.

As both of you came to your highs, you had kissed one final time that night. Your legs were still wrapped around his waist, he was still in you and both of your mouths were practically breathing into each other as it ended sloppy, yet passionately.

Your eyes were closed, but you could feel him staring at you. He pushed away slightly, but still held onto your waist, his tight grip becoming lose. No words were spoken,

"Tommy, I have to speak to you about something."

He pushes away from you, pulling up his black pants and gathers the fallen papers off the floor and
places them beside you. "Not now. Can you get up? I have to fix this mess, get everything in order again."

"Tommy?" He doesn't listen to you. Instead, he walks over to the whiskey and pours himself a cup and drinks away the liquid. "Tommy! Listen to me."