Chapter Two: To be a Spy

SETH-

The ringing of the bell indicates that Riley is here. I jog up to the door and welcome her with a hug.

"Hey!" she greets me.

"Hello," I respond. "Come on in."

"You don't need to ask." She smirks.

"Yeah, you help yourself anyway!" I laugh.

"My second home." She sighs, contented.

She rocks back and forth on the balls of her feet. Silence.

"So...The pizza's going to be here any minute now!" I say breaking the silence.

"I love Pizza!" She exclaims running to my living room which has my 56 inch flat screen T.V. Riley and I had spent most of our childhood here, right in this room, right on these two bean bags, where we sit.

"Okay, Which one?" I hold up two movies. 17 Again and High School Musical 3.

"Seth, why do you have High School Musical?" Riley asks me, flabbergasted. I feel the heat rise to my face.

"Hey, it's a cool movie, okay?" I mumble trying to defend myself but failing to do so.

"17 Again, obviously!" She walks to the video player and inserts the CD.

The bell rings again, signalling the arrival of pizza. I get up and walk to the door, taking a few dollars with me. I open the door and see Henry with two large cardboard boxes in his hand. Wait, Henry?

"Oh, Hi." I smile.

"Hello!" He replies, shifting the boxes to his other hand and re-adjusting his glasses.

"You're the pizza delivery boy?"

"I work here - evenings because I'm trying to save for Yale. I'd probably get a scholarship. But wait, I'll have to buy an apartment, won't I? And I'll need money for groceries and clothes and oh my! What if I get married? I'll have to buy groceries and clothes for her too! Oh shoot! What if I get kids? I -"

"Um, Henry-"

"Anyway, a delivery job doesn't really pay much, but anything will do. And, Seth, did you know that these boxes are made of cardboard? You probably did! Just recycle it later. Or If your too lazy, I can come back later and take it to the recycle bin for you. Oh, and that will be 20 dollars. 15 for you." He smiles and pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Um, yeah." I hand him the money and take the boxes "Thanks."

"Don't forget to recycle, it reduces your carbon footprint and-"

I cut him off, "Yeah, I will, I gotta go and...and bake a cake! Later!"

"Okay, then" He says. "See you in school"

I shut the door and sigh. He talks too much. I walk back to the living room and pass the pepperoni pizza to Riley. "Here you go"

"What took you so long?" She asks.

"It was Henry!"

"It?"

"The pizza boy! He told me about my carbon footprint!"

That's all it took for her to burst out laughing."You got a lecture about something?" she asks between laughs.

"Yep. Carbon Footprint."

"Lucky you!!" she says, taking a bite of her pizza.

I roll my eyes and eat my amazing cheese pizza. After watching Zac Efron for a while, Riley says, "You know Jason, right?"