23 Hero

A/N

A promised Hero's pov

Last night was like a dream i am used to see almost every other month. Josephine was with me. We were together again. She was mine and i was hers. I dont wanna wake up as i'm afraid to open my eyes and see that it was just a dream. I know i wasnt dreaming last night. My hand is searching for her body but the sofa is empty. I open my eyes and look around. Where the hell is she? I run to every room of this damn apartment and she is nowhere to be found. I grab my cell and see the messages from Bet. Geez, this girl is insane. She knows i dont see anyone  any more. I have never dated any since i moved to LA. She was texting me all night. She knows she is not my type.  I have a girl, the girl i love and the girl... that looked through my text-messages... I'm both mad and scared. Has she read them all? Has she believed them? I run out of the buiding. I am hopping to find her outside waiting for the cab. I could make her come back, we could talk. I pull my boots on my way to the lobby and when i get outside... i dont see her anywhere. She has left. And i have lost her for the other time. I have her old number but will she respond? I dont know her address in LA but i could ask some people. I know some cool detective in LA. He is really a cool man. He knows his stuff. I go back to my apartment and call him.

I need to distract so i go the studio and work on some songs. Bet comes after ten. She is quite a nice girl. She likes my music and joins me every time i come to record something new. She says she likes my music but i guess there is something else. She is always around me at my concerts. However, I think i am the one who makes her come, she likes me, i know that but i dont like her in the way she wants me to. She is my friend and nothing more.

Bet is also a talented young girl. She helps me sometimes when i cant figure which way to play. She has a great taste in music.

'So everyone says you left before midnight,' says Bet placing herself on the chair next to mine. 'Like a Cinderella,' she adds and winks. She has that cruel smile on her lips. Bet is quite nosy and a bit rude. I guess she wants to know everything about me because of her feelings for me.

'Yeah, just like her,' i say as calmly as possible.

'And you were with some chick,' continues Bet. I dont wanna answer as my thoughts immediately go back to Josephine. I wonder where she is. The detective still didnt call me back. Different thoughts cross my mind. I check my cell in case he left a message, like every minute. But once i'm lucky. Jeff, the detective, calls me after lunch. He gives me an address quite in the center. Maybe it is Josephine's new apt. I wonder if she is sitting there and crying. I dont pay attention to Bet asking her stupid questions. I take my cell and leave the studio. When i get to the destionation, the building is a massive skyscaper. It's a business one with some apts on the top. So Jo must be working here. I ask concierge about some offices in the building and he tells me about a publishing one. But as it is Sunday it is closed today. Fuck. He tells me their working hours and i make a mental note about dropping by tomorrow.

As soon as i leave the building and get in the car, i inform Jeff about the address. So he has now another work to do. He needs to find Josephine's home address, like the place she is living in now. I hope she lives alone. I'm not ready to find her with someone else. Ugh, these thoughts make me wanna drink. When my cell vibrates, i think it is Jo but then i see Bet on the screen.

'Where are you?!' She says and i roll my eyes. Suddenly an idea comes to my mind.

'Come and have a drink with me,' i say. At least i wont be alone and someone will take me home.

'Really? Okay, where to come?' Bet flatters and i already regret. I give her the address of the nearest café my eyes rest on.

Bet is not the kind of girl you have to wait. She shows up before i finish my first glass.