Guardian "Angel"

ACE

Luciana didn't really remember what happened, probably passed out from pain for the second time today; but she knew it must have been something really bad for Remy, of all people, to hug her.

    "Did the exorcism work?" Luciana asked Willow as Remy collected himself and took back control of his body. Willow didn't answer her, only stared at her. As if she had just been brought back from the dead. Luciana looked over at Remy for answers but he seemed more concerned with covering up red puffs under his eyes. Had he been crying? What had Luciana missed?

    Luciana then noticed the demon. It was uncomfortably close to Luciana. She also became aware of the red substance all around her. She examined her body for any wounds that could have led to the bleeding but she had none. Except for a scar on each of her arms. She was unsure of how those got there.

    "What happened?" Luciana could assume the exorcism didn't considering that the demon was still here. But trying to assume what happened other than that hurt her head.

  "You're...alive?" Willow whispered in awe and confusion.

Luciana looked at her body. She certainly looked alive, she doesn't feel alive much from the lack of sleep and sore body though. This only brought up more questions though. What did Willow mean? Was she not supposed to be alive?

    Luciana laughed nervously, "Well yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She didn't know if she wanted to hear the answer.

          "You died" Remy answered.

"That's the bad news. The good news is that your not dead anymore."

           Luciana laughed nervously. Remy wasn't the type to make jokes.

           "Sorry, What?"

           Remy explained from there what had happened. I noticed how he left out the part about hugging me and why his eyes were puffy. But I could assume. Even if Remy doesn't like to show emotions he is only human.

          Out of everything that has happened in the last 24 hours, never mind the last few years, her dying shocked and scared her. She has died. Dead. Not breathing. That sort of thing. And yet she was alive. She couldn't help but look at the demon astonished. It had saved her. A residence of Hell, bearer of bad news and death. She felt gratitude and nodded her head at the demon, mumbling a soft "Thank you."

          She wasn't sure the demon could make out the words she was saying but she could see it understand the sincerity in her eyes.

          "I-I am so so sorry." Willow stuttered. Luciana pulled her attention away from the demon and towards Willow. She looked like she was about to cry. And for a second Luciana thought of her as a regular 15 year old girl. Then she thought better. This gurl was anything but like other regular girls who had to deal with drama and grades and ex- lovers. Willow had to deal with being without a family, and exorcising demons as a living.

          Luciana immediately felt guilty. She didn't understand why though.

            "Hey, hey." Luciana snapped, making sure Willow's attention was on her. "You didn't know this would happen. You were just trying to help. And on the bright side it turned out alright! It's all good." Luciana tried, turning the conversation to the optimistic side. Luciana wondered if this is what Remy felt like. Having to constantly comfort a weeping 13 year old girl and free her of worries. What was that like to have her around all the time? From what Remy has told her, she was constantly a nuisance who wouldn't leave him alone. So on the other hand maybe this isn't what Remy felt like. Because right now she didn't feel annoyed, only a gut twisting guilty and sadness for Willow.