Chapter 1

All Izuku could hear were the thundering of his footsteps and loud sobs ringing through the air.

Why?

Why can't someone like Izuku be a hero?

That's all he's ever wondered throughout his life.

Just because he didn't have a quirk?

Now that's a screwed up world if you ask him.

He ran into an ally way, panting heavily like he just ran a race with a car.

But he wouldn't win even if he ran the fastest he could.

he's just quirkless little deku.

Slowly sitting down against the wall he looked up at the sky.

A beautiful light blue filled his vision.

He quietly chuckled to himself.

"God I'm so dumb," he wrapped his arms around himself, tears flowing harder than before.

"Crying over something you've been told over and over? That's a new level of crybaby, even for me!"

He stared down at the hard ground.

"Crybaby"

One of the many insults thrown at him.

He hated it.

"Weak"

"Nerd"

"Useless"

"Waste of space"

"Quirkless"

They were only reminders of what he couldn't become.

A woman's scream filled his ears, dragging him back to reality.

"A boy's being attacked by a sludge villain!" a man shrieked.

Izuku quickly wiped his tears and got up, turning to face the loud ruckus.

A large crowd surrounded some green slime.

"That's my only way home..." the green haired boy sighed, checking the time.

"Ah, I'm late!"

As you should know, Izuku is a mama's boy.

So he told her he would be back by 4:00 pm every day after school,

and it's already passed 5:00.

"I really am a useless loser" he chuckled to himself, running over to the crowd.

As he swiftly made his way through the crowd, he cursed at himself for keeping his mother waiting for so long.

When he finally reached the front of the crowd, he gazed upon the scene infront of him.

Bakugou was being choked by a sludge villain, the slimy substance was forcing itself down the blonde's throut.

Izuku sighed and went past the defence.

He continued on walking, despite the yells of the heroes behind him.

"Kid! Get back here! Trying to get past that thing is basically suicide!"

The green haired boy chuckled to himself.

"Last time I checked, heroes are supposed to protect citizens. Even if they die in the process." he looked around the crowd.

The heroes held their heads low, what Izuku said was right.

'Since I've devoted my whole life to becoming a hero, I need to find a new job to aim for.' he thought to himself.

'I can be a chef, a doctor, a teacher,' he glanced over at the sludge villain.

'I could be a villain'

~A coward's note

Thank you for reading the prologue! Sorry that it's short. Also, if you're new to this book then feel free to check out the old version! But be sure to bring bleach with you-