Chapter 1

"Get the eggs out," I told Cole, my best guy friend that I grew up with in my childhood.

"Why can't you do all of this? You're the girl that belongs in the kitchen. I still don't have that sandwhich," Cole remarks.

I turn off the xbox he is playing and then slap him.

"Hey! What was that for?" he asks.

"You know what, now help me make these cookies you wanted so badly."

Cole opens up the fridge and takes five seconds of looking before saying, "where are they?"

"Look harder. They're in there."

"They aren't here."

I stop mixing the ingredients that I was using and help Cole find the eggs.

"They're right here," I say then grab the eggs.

"It's magic, I swear. They weren't there before."

"Whatever Cole don't deny it. Crack them and empty the insides into this bowl," I say then get out a bowl for him to use. "but make sure you don't get any of the shell inside it. Can you handle that?" I instruct.

"Yeah I can do this." No he can't. What am I thinking?

I walk over to the other side of the counter and open up the chocolate chips bag. I measure for other ingredients.

"Done yet?" I ask Cole and look over at him. He's on the second egg, and in the bowl are shells.

"No, not everyone is as perfect as you are, Kenzie," he always calls me that. Most people just call me Mckenzie, but he's a lazy dude. I pick out the shells for him and get back to the other stuff that needed done. I check back on him again when he is done with cracking open the eggs. I ended up picking out more shells.

"Wow, Cole, just wow."

"What? I got something accomplished at least. I'm trying." he defends.

"Barely, you better have a good cooking tolerate wife when you are older."

"I'm sure I will, I mean, who wouldn't want to cook for this sexiness?" he jokingly asks, then flexes his arms. They honestly look pretty good. He's been talking about working out lately. It's paying off.

"Stop," I say laughing, and hit him softly in that friend way.

"Can we put these in the oven yet?"

"Almost. Get a pan out."

"Where are they?" he asks. I keep forgetting that he doesn't know where everything is since I don't cook with him much, and this is my house.

"Over there," I say pointing to a cupboard.

"Oh," he says then walks over to it. He comes back with a weird pan that's definitely not for cookies. "This one?" he asks.

I just stare at him. It is obviously not going to work.

"So no? Dammit."

I chuckle then start humming the jeopardy theme song. He walks back over to the cupboard and gets the right pans out.

"Yes, finally." I say then stop humming.

"Let me help."

"No, you'll do this wrong."

"Come on Kenzie!"

"No!"

Cole grabs some dough and throws it in my hair then laughs.

"Oh no you didn't," I say then smear dough on his shirt. We continue throwing food at each other. When our little food fight is over we clean up. More like I cleaned up, Cole's clueless on this stuff. There was only half of the dough left afterwards. I put what was left on the pan while he stands and watches, unamused. I have him put them in the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes.

"Hallelujah. Xbox time!" he turns the xbox back on and grabs a controller while he plops on the couch and starts playing. I sit down right next to him.

"Hand me one," I say. We both play halo on the infection mode until the timer rings and the cookies are done. He mostly did better than I did at it, but I got him a few times. We got out the milk and poured each of us a glass then dunked cookies in it. I put half of them in a container for him, and the other half in a different container for me.

"Thanks," he says.

"No problem," I reply.

Cole's phone vibrates. He checks it.

"Hey, I have to go now, my mom wants me back home."

"Ok, can we hang out tomorrow?"

"No, I'm going on a date with Makayla."

Makayla is his girlfriend. She's one of those popular bitches. Blond, short, skinny, and bitchy. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Come on Kenzie give her a chance.."

"You deserve better! How do you settle with that crap?"

"I really don't deserve much, and Makayla is not crap. Can you stop calling her that?"

"Crap crap crap crap crappy crap crapola."

"Kenzie. Stop." he glared at me.

"Fine, I'll go with shit. Shit shit shit shitty shit shit shitaroo."

"Whatever. I'll just leave now."

"Bye Cole."

"Bye."

'