12

"hey jieun," jimins mother's boss smiles from the desk at the front when she walks in.

"hey josh," she calls back, heading into the break room to set her stuff down. trish is there stuffing her face with a bagel. she waves with a full mouth.

"come on bitch," jieun calls playfully as her friend struggles to swallow all the food. trish catches up.

they stroll to a vacant room, fighting over who should push the cleaning cart. jieun wins and trish ends up pushing it with a pout.

the two silently start to pickup after the dirty tenant that rented for almost a week, it was clearly a drug dealer. there's needles and powder and foil laying all over the ground, luckily jimin gifted the whole cleaning staff heavy duty construction gloves last christmas. they put those on, screwing the world when there's no face masks left.

"how's chim," trish asks offhandedly, really only to make the room less quiet as she's starting to think of what went on in the room, of whats in the air shes inhaling.

jieun sighs and ponders for a second, "he's starting to talk to me more, today we made breakfast together."

"ji! that's great!" trish congratulates, holding back a gag as she picks up a dirty syringe.

"yeah," she smiles, heaving a black trash bag with all of the towels. they're going to have to throw those out, she's sure of it. "i'm pretty sure he's in love with jungkook."

trish perks up at that, the name ringing a bell. "the boy that almost broke his nose when he ran into him?" jieun nods. "there was some sexual tension that day."

jimins mom covers her ears, "shut up that's my son!"

"its true! you can't tell me it wasn't obvious!"

jieun remains stubborn until trish promises she won't mention it again.

"he's afraid though," she shrugs, folding the new towels.

"of what?" trish asks, taking the folded items as she finishes to put them in the correct cabinet.

"his last relationship was pretty shitty, the bitch cheated on my baby, and not to mention what just happened with me, he's scared of relationships. he kind of always has been, ever since me and his dad, all the other shit made it worse." jieun smiles sadly, knowing that she damaged her child's outlook on love twice. it isn't her fault, but she can't help but feel the opposite.

"damn," trish frowns, trying to think of ways to lighten the atmosphere, "i'm sure jungkook can work it out, he's stuck around this long."

"he's a fighter for sure, jimin is tough to maintain, but he's happier lately."

"see," trishs eyes sparkle, "young love at its finest."

jieun sighs and throws the last of the bags onto the cart and throwing her gloves to the bin to be washed. "yeah," swiping her hair back, "let's just hope jungkook sticks around."

trish nods and they start rolling the cart down the quiet hallway.

~

"minnieeeeeee!" jungkook whines loudly as the older drags him into his own apartment. jimin regrets ever letting him drink more alcohol, now he has to deal with a literal grown child. but the boys parents aren't home, so it's significantly easier.

"no," jimin shuts the door behind them, "you need to shower."

jungkook throws his head back and pouts, "but i just wanna cuddle!"

jimin sighs, frustrated, "we can cuddle after you smell like a human being."

"why not now?! please!" he stomps his foot.