3

"where are you going?" jungkook asks as the older pulls on his jeans. the bed feels cold.

"home," jimin states, eyes darting around the room for his shirt. it's quite messy. but blame that on moving.

"oh." jungkook deflates, not surprised. it wasn't like he expected to anything more than this, can tell from the few hours he's known jimin that he doesn't care much for relationships. i don't either, jungkook thinks, unsure of himself for once.

"yeah," jimin speaks quietly, slipping on his shoes and texting someone. "well a few of us, taehyung too, are gonna chill later, if you wanna come." he adds and half smiles.

"what are y'all gonna do?" jungkook asks as he starts to get dressed too, willing himself to seem unaffected (he totally doesn't care.)

"probably smoke, drink, maybe go to a party or mcdonald's, it honestly depend on the night." jimin explains, looking jungkook in the eyes like he wants to see him squirm.

"oh yeah," the younger shrugs, "call me when you go." jimin nods and calls out a bye, walking towards the front door. jungkook almost tells him to stay.

~

"mama! i'm home!" jimin announces as he steps into the apartment. she doesn't say anything back until he walks into her room.

"hey," she smiles and continues to stare at her phone, tapping away, eyebrows furrowed.

"you okay?" jimin inquires, confused as to why he hasn't gotten his welcome home hug.

"yeah," she gets up and hugs him half heartedly, "joshua is just being annoying." her boyfriend, of course. jimin clenches his jaw, he's never liked that guy. but his mom seems happy and as long as she's happy, he's okay.

"what's happening?" jimin sits them both down and looks at her, willing himself not to look angry. his mother deserves to have a son that accepts her relationships and he'll sure as hell give her one. so he waits with open ears.

"he's trying to get me to buy him beer and go over there but i'm telling him no and now he won't stop calling me." she explains and sighs, observing her phone light up and vibrate for the umpteenth time. "i answered once and he started threatening me, so i hung up."

"what did he say?" jimin speaks through gritted teeth and he feels his mother tense up beside him. nobody threatens his mother and gets away with it.

"don't worry about it, honey," she runs a hand through his hair, "i can deal with it." the older woman tries to reassure him, but he just seethes more.

"if he lays a hand on you, mama," jimin closes his eyes and breathes in deeply, "you are not going to tell me it's alright, okay?" jimin demands, "promise me that you'll tell me. promise me." he grabs her hand and his tone softens, his gaze stays demanding.

"i promise, baby." she strokes his face, smiling softly. jimin calms after a few minutes.

"okay, mama." jimin stands up. "i'm gonna shower and go to taehyungs. call me if you need anything. love you."

"love you too."

~

"mom?" jungkook speaks as he walks into his living room. upon getting her attention he asks, "can i sleep over at my friends house?"

"already?" his father speaks up from the kitchen, coming to join the conversation with an apron that reads my wife burns everything.

"well i've been talking to him for a while on the internet and i met him today." jungkook exaggerates, but it's for the best if he's gonna be able to go.