Prologue

Human - Prologue

... I can hold my Breath...

---

The huge contact from the water gave me a numb feeling. And though the icy temperature of the water shivered down my skinny spine. It felt as if my bones were going to snap; but luckily it didn't happen. My dark brown hair swayed like seaweed right after I opened my eyes. I found myself sinking slowly. The sun was reflecting from the verge of water and land.

And then I realised...

I was drowning.

The last of my oxygen floated up to the surface, and I all I could think was the pain surging down my lungs. Tranixed from the light, I quickly glimpse at a silhoouette above me. It then started moving towards me; the sound of water splashing as it moved closer. I could not resist but close my eyes, and le myslef fall.

I blackened out. 

Though, I never knew what it was like to die; drowning. It wasn't painful as the long blade that once sliced through someone, the blood splutering out from their heart. Yet it was the same consequence: I was going to die.

But that didn't happen. I feel my body getting pulled up; touching the cold skin of the silhouette. The freezing current swam us up. And as we got to the surface, I widened my eyes and coughed. I spat out water as I felt the person carry me slowly, dragging me somewhere. I heard their breath quicken and all I can think was relief. There, was no point to move since my bones barely worked with me. At some point, I heard squelching of feet and a grumble. Their arms softly placed me down, and the feeling of soft grass contacted against my back. There I closed my eyes: concentrating on my breathing.

I somehow then wondered if they just went, but that changed when I felt the warm breath blowing into my cheeks. As I opened my eyes after a few minutes: my heart sank.

My saviour was gone.

---

Hello! SierraOwls here and welcome to another new book! Hope you hav enjoyed :)