Chasing Eleven

Milan, April 1530

A girl wearing long white and dark green dress walked to a big tree at the corner of dandelion field.  The sun shone down on every inch of that field fairly.  The wind was breezing, making her long blonde hair waving as she passed through the field.  She stopped in front of the big tree, took out a knife and carved something in the body of the tree. 

She had a hard time to carve.  Her knife didn’t seem sharp enough.  She pressed the tip of the knife as hard as possible.  She grunted when the knife was stuck on that one spot instead.  She just wanted to carve a line next to many others line on that trees.  Those lines were in line and every four lines carved were crossed by one line.   

“If I were you, I wouldn’t carve another line.” Said a guy who was standing a few feet behind her.  He wore his shoulder length black hair in ponytail with a pinch of hair hanging loose on the side of his right face.  He looked like he had been standing there for a while.  That girl must have been too focused that she didn’t realize someone presented.

Her eyes went wide and a smile was formed in her beautiful face.  She squealed and got up in a sudden.  She almost fell caused by the sudden move when she attacked him in a hug.  Fortunately, his sturdy body could hold her in balance. 

“When did you come home? How long you’d been here?” her voice was a little breaking because she’s crying in happiness and relived to see him well. “I’m glad you make it back.” She held his face with both hands. “Your cheek was cut.” She looked concerned all of sudden.   

He took her hand that’s searching for another cut around his face. “Chiara, hey, look I’m okay.  It’s just a cut.” He kissed her hand softly. “I just came back this morning.  I remember what day it is so I knew you’d be here.  I’d stood long enough to know that you’d been counting the days since I was gone.”

She chuckled, feeling silly about that. “I came here every day and mark the days you’re not here.  I was so worried you’d not come back.” She rested her forehead against his. “I miss you so much, Alessandro.”

“And I you.” He whispers. “Always remember Chiara, I promised you I’d always come back to you.  I’m sorry that I had to leave you for 99 days.”    

She shook her head a little. “I understand that you had to go and help your father in a mission.  I didn’t like feeling worry when you left me to risk your life far way in a dangerous mission.  But your brave and selfless heart is one of the infinite things I love about you.  I wouldn’t want to stand in your way for that.”

“I love you Chiara Latterza.  You are the light in my life that gives me strength no matter where I go.” He said before pressing their faces closer so that he could kiss her lips.

Chiara whispered between the kiss. “I always have loved you Alessandro Milano.  I will always love you.”
-----

Alexander wears light blue t-shirt, long black pants and black coat.  When he wears his complete suits that way, he usually is going to go far, out of country.  He combs his hair so neatly to the back.  He takes his bag with him and goes downstairs.  

“Where are you going?” Freya looks up from a book she’s reading while lying on the couch in the center room.  It’s a big open room with modern set of fireplace on the side.  So instead of with coal, it uses electricity energy to turn on the fireplace like box to warm the temperature.  Then the room is connected with glass wall that shows the inside mini garden.

“Italy.  I’ll be gone for a few days.  I’ll come back as soon as I could since we’ve got a lot of responsibilities here.  But I have to go to Milan.”

Freya gets up and sits on crossed legs. “Why?” she then remembers what month it is, October. “You still visit that spot, every year on her birthday and your anniversary?”

“In every day of her life she’d wait for me in that one spot when I was gone till I came back.  I’d let her down in so many ways.  It’s the one vow I’ll never break.” He takes one step closer to pat Freya’s shoulder. “I trust you to keep things together while I’m gone.”

Freya looks stunt there for a few seconds.  She remembers Chiara Latterza, the only woman she knows Alessandro ever loved in all his almost 500 year life.  As far as Freya knew before he turned to be a vampire, they were married.  Freya shakes her head a little. “I wouldn’t promise everything will be under control.  You’re the control guy, not me.”

Alexander just smiles at her teasing. “I’ll see you soon sister.”

“Bring me something good from home Al!” Freya yells as he leaves.  Alexander just responds by waving his right hand on the air. “I’ll miss you, or not.”

She jumps off the couch and goes to Alexander work room.  She gets curious who Alexander decided to be on the team.  She met them the first time for a little briefing and training but Alexander would only recruit a few of them.  It won’t be hard for her to find those papers.  Alexander is very organized. 

She finds a brown map with the sticky note on the side, written in Italian that’s translated into English as “Afton, The Team”.  She opens the documents page by page.  She has known at least three of them; Jamie Walker, Hayden Ford, Jane Garcia, Nora Cabrera, and Sam Cabrera.  She puts the map back on the shelves where she found it. 

Looking at how organized yet full this quite big room is, her curiosity is aroused.  She never really reads any of the family journals that Alexander has kept for hundreds of years.  However, she finds something that catches her interest more than the family journal.  They are Alexander boxes of files and memories saved in journals and photographs.  

“What the hell.” Freya curses while she opens a journal which shows a long and complicated timeline which is started with the time of Alessandro Milano and Chiara Latterza.  She keeps turning the pages and it’s a series of timeline that is marked from generation to generation.  Some pages are blank as if they are missing links.  The timeline is cut off, starting from 1878.  She remembers that decade.  It was when she went spiraling out of control in Canada after some tragedy.  She closed the thick old book suddenly, not wanting to know more about what Alexander has been keeping up with in that long and complicated timeline. 
*****

😭 How was that first flashback between Alessandro aka Alexander and Chiara? 😟
What do you think Alexander has kept in track in his journal? 👀

Chiara Latterza is new character, kinda, she won't be in present timeline but she's very important in the past esp for Alexander. You'll meet her here and there in flashback

Thank you for your time to read this far

Vote

Share

😜
Anjaa