This Lollipop

Having a relationship is like sucking your very first lollipop picked from a bag full of different flavoured lollipops.

You will choose your favourite flavour. The one you like the most. The one you think that is right for you and no matter what you will never replace.

At first you enjoy its flavour. Fresh taste right after unwrapping it. You indulge with the happy feeling it brings you. The sweet taste, the smooth texture and the fragrant smell.

It’s always like this at first.

But as time passes your jaw starts to get a little bit tired.

Your taste buds suddenly dislikes the flavour after tasting it for a long time.

You suddenly fall out of love from the lollipop.

Then without even consuming all of it, you start looking for another flavour.

And before you knew it, you already replaced your first lollipop with a new one.

Again, its sweet, its smooth and fragrant.

But as always you will get tired of sucking it too.

You then will realize that you replaced your first lollipop with a new one which will end up the way why you replaced the first one.

Also, you will realize that it’s the first one you really like.

That you want it back.

But what if you already threw it away?

So don’t be fooled by a sweetness lasting for five minutes, thinking that it’s better than the previous one. Because in the end, maybe, you’ll just end up realizing that it was just a short time enjoyment with whom, because of it, you threw your true love away.